Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2 Windows XP users must have Service Pack 2 or higher.
Download this tool and run it on the PC.
- Open the Zune software.
- Run the ZuneDevices.exe tool.
- Connect the device and wait for any errors to be displayed.
- For USB connections, look for the device to appear in device manager under portable devices. There may be a yellow exclamation mark next to the device.
- For wireless connections, use Settings->Wireless->Sync Now on the device and wait for the device to display an error, usually one to two minutes after displaying “Connecting to PC”.
- Disconnect the device. For wireless connections, click the Cancel or Ok button.
- Click on the Report tab of the tool, then click “Save As” and save a copy of the report text for analysis.
- Send the report text file to Product Support Services.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Zune Device Diagnostic Tool: