Livestation is a free software application that provides a range of live news television channels and radio stations.
Livestation is a free software application that provides a range of live news television channels and radio stations (over 500) that can be received on a computer anywhere with a basic broadband connection. You can watch television on your desktop, or on your laptop, at home, at work, on the move, or in a hotel room, provided you have a broadband internet connection or wireless access.
Livestation allows you to receive live TV and radio news from the world’s leading broadcasters on your PC, via a multi-channel interactive application on the desktop giving you a unique window on the world’s news. You can watch Livestation full screen or minimised to fit in the corner of your screen, enabling you to carry on with other tasks while also keeping an eye on the news. You can flick between channels just as you would on your TV set.
Livestation is legal, safe, free and comes with no strings attached.
Current features include:
- High quality live audio and video
- Channel selection and programme guide
- Programme information overlay
- Ability to scale player window from 50% to 200%
- Always on top window setting
- Full screen playback option
- Volume control and mute.
Other functions, including support for subtitles and audio description, and many other interactive features, will be added in future releases.
What's new in Livestation 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed Silverlight installation issue
- Added support for more user streams
* Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Vista
* Internet Explorer 6+
* 1.5 Ghz processor
* A network of at least 800 kbps.
* Microsoft Silverlight
* Free registration (http://www.livestation.com/account/register)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: