Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Windows Installer authoring tool which enables you to easily build reliable MSI packages.
Advanced Installer Professional is a Windows Installer authoring tool which enables developers and system administrators to easily build reliable MSI packages. Advanced Installer runs on Windows 2000/XP, and the install packages it creates run on all Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP operating systems.
Windows Installer is a powerful, but very complex technology. Mastering it on your own takes months of hard work. That's where Advanced Installer comes to help. It creates a high level abstraction on top of the underlying technology. With a clean, simple user interface, each operation is logical and intuitive. Everything is done in the user interface, without complicated scripts to learn or arcane database tables to edit.
Advanced Installer is built on standard, open formats. The project files are saved as XML files for easy integration with source control systems. Advanced Installer is FREE for the simplest, most common usages. If additional capabilities are needed, they are available at some of the lowest prices in the industry.
* Versioning type could not be changed from side-by-side to upgrade
* Renamed section to General in updates configuration file to fix crash in older updaters
* SET_TARGETDIT_TO_APPDIR custom action was not added for old projects
* Multi-language MSI packages
* HTTP authentication support for downloading updates
* Ability to check the license (on the server) before downloading updates
* Wizard for creating Custom Actions
* Nested install custom actions
* Setting shortcut hot keys
* Polish translation added
* Adding folders to the PATH environment variable of the Java product's process
* Providing console output for command line operation mode
* Support for updater to run minimized in tray
* Updates from local network
* Japanese and Spanish translation updated and completed
* Upgrade MSI Dialog
* Other smaller enhancements and bug fixes.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.