Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 6 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.
- [$7500] High CVE-2016-1622: Same-origin bypass in Extensions. Credit to anonymous.
- [$7500] High CVE-2016-1623: Same-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
- [$TBD] High CVE-2016-1624: Buffer overflow in Brotli. Credit to lukezli.
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2016-1625: Navigation bypass in Chrome Instant. Credit to Jann Horn.
-  Medium CVE-2016-1626: Out-of-bounds read in PDFium. Credit to anonymous, working with HP's Zero Day Initiative.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work:
-  CVE-2016-1627: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer orControl Flow Integrity.
Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.