Easy File Association Tool
Easy File Associator can quickly assign file extensions to open with a specific application.
The tool was inspired by an article on CodeProject. Features include: Batch assignment of extensions, full x64 Windows support, protection against potentially dangerous assignments, easy to use GUI.
Create a text file in any plaintext editor with one rule per line. The correct format is:
*.xls|C:Program FilesMicrosoft Officeexcel.exe
Keep in mind…
- If the program specified does not exist, the rule will be ignored.
- You may place an unlimited number of rules in each “script”
- The rule must begin with an asterisk (*) or else it will be ignored.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 are supported.
- Works on x86 and x64 operating systems.
- This program is considered a beta release that may contain defects.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is required to use.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: