Download the uninstaller for Flash Player The Flash Player uninstaller executes on both 64-bit and 32-bit version of the Windows operating systems.
Save the file in a location where you can find it easily after you restart your computer. For example, save it on your Windows desktop.
Note: To uninstall Flash Player beta, use the corresponding Flash Player beta uninstaller available in Adobe Labs.
Exit all browsers and other programs that use Flash
The uninstaller does not work if any programs that use Flash are running on your computer.
- Look at the taskbar. If the taskbar contains program icons for a browser or for a game that uses Flash, right-click each icon and choose Close. This example shows a browser in the taskbar:
- Look at the icons in the system tray for programs that run in the background. Examples include AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and games that use Flash (any file with a name that ends in .swf). If you see such an icon, right-click the icon and click Exit, as shown in this example:
Run the uninstaller
- Double-click the icon of the uninstaller that downloaded to your computer.
- Follow the prompts. If you see the message "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?," click Yes.
- Delete Flash Player files and folders.
- Click Start > Run.
- Copy and paste the following and click OK.
- Delete all the files in this folder.
- Follow step 1 to step 3 for the following:
- %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
- %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
Verify that uninstallation is complete
- Restart your computer.
- Open your browser and check the status of Flash Player.