You can create animations in Google Web Designer in two modes, Quick mode and Advanced mode.
In Quick mode, you build your animation scene by scene: you add a new view of the entire page, change the elements you want to animate, and, optionally, modify your transition times and easings.
For more complex animation, Advanced mode lets you individually animate each of the the elements, optionally modifying transition times and easing as well. Advanced mode also shows layers, which let you change where each element is in the stack of elements.
Full 3D authoring environment
Create and manipulate 3D content utilizing an array of tools and the power of CSS3. Rotate objects and even 2D designs along any axis, visualizing 3D transformations and translations as you author.
Design view and code view
For Ads and HTML files, you can switch between Code view and Design view, with the changes that you make to the code in Code view reflected in the Design view. This lets you immediately test how changes in your code will affect your designs.
You can also select objects with the selection tool and change the CSS styling for those objects in the CSS panel.
Import assets from any other creative suite or use the built-in illustration tools to create vector-style artwork – keeping your designs light. To create new HTML tags in your designs, just draw them in with the Tag tool.
The CSS panel lets you edit current styles, as well as add new CSS rules.
Easy ad workflow
Google Web Designer makes it simple to publish ads through any platform. Choose from DoubleClick Studio or AdMob, or go for the Generic option to push content through any other ad network. No coding required.
- If you have a previous version of Google Web Designer, it will be automatically updated to the latest version.
- Google Web Designer requires an internet connection to run the first time after installation.
Installers are now available for the following distributions:
Five issues have been fixed since version 1.0.4.0305
- 360° Gallery Component
- Flickering when swiping between images in Chrome
- Map Component
- "Enter Zip Code" and "Use GPS" not showing in IE10
- Map breaks in Studio Preview when the ad is re-expanded
- Map component does not support https
- Installer (Windows 8 only)
- After installation is complete on Windows 8, a shortcut is created on the Desktop and GWD will automatically launch
- Installer (Ubuntu only)
- After installation using the Software Center, the wrong icon is shown in the Launcher.
- Workaround: Log out and then log back in, or unlock Google Web Designer from Launcher and relaunch.