Nvidia GeForce Graphics Driver 310.90 for Windows Vista/7/8 64-bit
As part of the Nvidia Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported Nvidia notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. Nvidia recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This GeForce driver is recommended for the best experience in the blockbuster holiday games. GeForce R310 drivers add optimizations for Far Cry 3, providing up to 38% faster performance.
These drivers also include optimizations for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III, providing up to 26% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and up to 18% faster performance in Assassins Creed III, as well as smooth, shimmer-free graphics with TXAA antialiasing in both games.
- Adds a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).
- Improves performance for GeForce GTX 690:
- Up to 19% faster performance in Autodesk 3ds Max when interacting with large models compared to GeForce GTX 480.
- Up to 60% faster performance in ray tracing applications such as NVIDIA iray and Chaos V-Ray (subject to the scene fitting into graphics memory) compared to GeForce GTX 480.
- Up to 76% faster performance in the 3D extruded ray tracing capability in Adobe After Effects compared to GeForce GTX 480.
- Updates SLI profiles for Far Cry 3 and NBA2k13.
- Adds new 3D Vision profiles for the following games:
- Aliens: Colonial Marines rated Fair
- GT Legends rated 3D Vision Ready
- LEGO: Lord of the Rings rated Good
- Miasmata rated Good
- Pirate101 rated 3D Vision Ready
- Viking: Battle for Asgard rated Excellent
- Warframe rated Good
- Wizard101 rated 3D Vision Ready
- Performance Boost Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series
GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers. Results will vary
depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 680
- Up to 38% in Far Cry 3
- Up to 26% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Up to 16% in Battlefield 3
- Up to 18% in Assassin's Creed III
- Up to 9% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 6% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
- Up to 6% in StarCraft II
- Up to 6% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- GeForce GTX 660
- Up to 24% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Up to 10% in Battlefield 3
- Up to 7% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 6% in Far Cry 3
- Up to 5% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 5% in Assassin's Creed III
- Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 4% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
- GeForce GTX 680
- Nvidia SLI Technology Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Dirt: Showdown updated SLI profile
- Dota 2 - updated SLI profile
- Dou Zhan Shen updated SLI profile
- F1 2012 - added SLI profile
- FIFA 13 added SLI profile
- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad updated SLI profile
- Hawken added SLI profile
- Hitman: Absolution added SLI profile
- Natural Selection 2 added SLI profile
- Primal Carnage added SLI profile
- Nvidia 3D Vision Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- 007 Legends - rated Fair
- Assassin's Creed III - rated Not Recommended
- Bloody Good Time - rated Good
- Bullet Run - rated Fair
- Bunch of Heroes - rated Good
- CABAL2 - rated Good
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - rated Good
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - rated 3D Vision Ready
- Dark Souls - rated Fair
- Dishonored - rated Fair
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 - rated Excellent
- FIFA 13 - rated Good
- Hawken - rated 3D Vision Ready
- Hitman: Absolution - rated Fair
- I Am Alive - rated Fair
- Lucius - rated Fair
- Mabinogi Heroes - rated Fair
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter - rated Fair
- Metro: Last Light - rated Good
- MLB 2K12 - rated Fair
- NBA 2K12 - rated Good
- NBA 2K13 - rated Good
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted - rated Fair
- Of Orcs and Men - rated Fair
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation - rated Fair
- Planetside 2 - rated Not Recommended
- Prepar3D - rated Good
- Sniper Elite V2 - rated Poor
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - rated Poor
- The Amazing Spider-Man - rated Not Recommended
- Tiny Troopers - rated Fair
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - rated Good
- Total War Battles: SHOGUN - rated Good
- Unmechanical - rated Good
- War of the Roses rated Fair
- World Rally Championship 3 rated Good
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown rated Fair
- Other Profile Updates
- Updated Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Counter-strike: Global Offensive
- Added Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Cross Fire
- Updated Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Darksides 2
- Added Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Dragon Nest
- Updated Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Guild Wars 2
- Updated Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Mechwarrrior Online
- Added Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Meng San Guo
- Nvidia CUDA
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.Nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
New in GeForce 310.90:
- Installs PhysX System Software 9.12.1031. This version fixes a bug that caused some applications including Unreal Tournament III, Trine, and Metro 2033 not to launch.
- Installs HD Audio v18.104.22.168.
- Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and Nvidia SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL.
This driver will install on the following GPUs (a few exceptions are noted at the bottom of the page):
- GeForce 600M series
- GeForce GTX 680M, GeForce GTX 675M, GeForce GTX 670M, GeForce GTX 660M, GeForce GT 650M, GeForce GT 640M LE, GeForce GT 640M, GeForce GT 635M, GeForce GT 630M, GeForce GT 620M, GeForce 610M
- GeForce 500M series
- GeForce GTX 580M, GeForce GTX 570M, GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 550M, GeForce GT 540M, GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT 520M, GeForce GT 520MX
- GeForce 400M series
- GTX 485M, GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M , GT 445M, GT 435M, GT 425M, GT 420M, GT 415M, 410M
- GeForce 300M series
- GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, GT 320M, 320M, 315M, 310M, 305M
- GeForce 200M series
- GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTS 250M, GTX 260M, GT 220M, G210M, G205M
- GeForce 100M series
- G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
- GeForce 9M series
- 9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS, 9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M, 9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
- GeForce 8M series
- 8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8700M GT, 8400M GS, 8400M G, 8200M G, 8200M
- Quadro FX Notebook series
- 5010M, 5000M, 4000M, 3000M, 2000M, 1000M, FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
- Quadro NVS Notebook series
- NVS 5400M, NVS 5200M, NVS 5100M, NVS 4200M, NVS 3100M, NVS 2100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS 140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
- ION Notebook series
- ION (Notebooks) , ION LE (Notebooks)
- Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported (Nvidia Optimus technology is supported).
- The following Sony VAIO notebooks are included in the Geforce notebook program: Sony VAIO F Series with Nvidia GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not included (please contact Sony for driver support).
- Fujitsu notebooks are not included (Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are included).
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.