10+ Ways to Free Up Space in Windows

I have 1.2TB of space in total of which I use about half and even that is mostly a few games that are gigantic. If not for them I wouldn't need half as much space. I occasionally organize my stuff and delete things I don't currently need and keep things clean.

As for the phone it's mostly music with some pics and vids, don't need more than 16GB of space on it.

My preferred method: wait till SSD gets cheaper and buy a bigger SSD.

Nowadays, 4TB and 8TB SSD are cheap enough.

My 8TB Samsung QVO is great so far.

Someday, hopefully there will be a 20TB.

I was going to suggest 'optimize your SSD' with a sarcasm flag, but then remembered just how many people drank / injected bleach after Trump suggested it. Just to be clear:

DO NOT OPTIMIZE YOUR SSD

Instead of linking readers to a propagandistic website, why not post what Trump ACTUALLY said?

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."
Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

BleachBit, free and an exceptionally well organised tool with dozens of options to clean and organise your drive space, including features of the OS itself, some shown in this article. I've been using it for years, once a month is enough. It does everything for you.

I was going to suggest 'optimize your SSD' with a sarcasm flag, but then remembered just how many people drank / injected bleach after Trump suggested it. Just to be clear:

DO NOT OPTIMIZE YOUR SSD

Clarification:
Yes run trim on your SSD.
Yes do not Defrag your SSD.

On windows 10 optimizing your SSD runs Trim!

HOWEVER!!!

There is a maximum limit on the number of fragments a file can have in NTFS!
I DO recommending defragging any files that have more than 1000 fragments.

DO NOT OPTIMIZE YOUR SSD

Drive optimization under Windows 10 does a TRIM to SSDs. Yes, optimize your SSD! ....but do not defrag it.

Instead of linking readers to a propagandistic website, why not post what Trump ACTUALLY said?

Because most of people are victims of propaganda. And it's not a new thing. Marie Antoinette never said: "If they don't have bread, then let them eat cake". It was a dirty propaganda line to outrage the people and make them join the revolution.

In the end, the revolution made some people rich (those who were financing the revolution) and for the rest of the peasants, nothing changed. At least not for the better.

I often seen people cleaning the files in the temporary folder, does that help? If yes what the science behind it?
It can do, if one doesn't empty out the temp folder(s) often enough. There's no science involved - the folder just contains files used for when installing applications, updates, drivers, etc. Once that's all done, they can be got rid of.

It can do, if one doesn't empty out the temp folder(s) often enough. There's no science involved - the folder just contains files used for when installing applications, updates, drivers, etc. Once that's all done, they can be got rid of.
ok.. at times the files wont delete what should be done then you just skip and get rid of the files that are deleteable?

Back