8800 GTS SLI no Difference in Peformance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianinlfc

Hi,
I just SLI my (2)8800GTS 512 MB.
Hoping to get better fps in crysis..It seems dissapointing..
before the SLI I was getting 25-40 FPS
now I got it in SLI i get about 25-50 FPS
Pffff....is something wrong with my ssystem or does Nvidia SLI technology suck?
I have also downloaded the lastest GPU drives, motherboard drivers...
still same..
Any comments to what is going on? :|

Thanks guys,
brian

You've been lurking around asking questions about video card performance for about two months. If I recall correctly you were told at least once that dual video cards isn't really worth it.

Furthermore, I posted two search result links to your exact question (here) where by you gave a snappy remark about how you were going to have to search around for two hours to find your answer rather than someone on this board giving it to you (which probably resulted in nobody else responding to that question). Apparently, you didn't even spend five minutes searching around because nearly every link in the search results suggests that SLI isn't really worthwhile apart from very isolated situations.

SLI may "suck", but so does ignorance and laziness.

LOL!!! SLI may not be quite worth it lol, mabye actually probably only one and a h alf or something increase... 0% isn't quite right lol. Really you should be getting more, mabye its your RAM or possibly the CPU?

Crysis is really evil to comps.
Just curious, has anyone had a comp melt on them from crysis?

to bad it's not actually that usefull like dual core CPU's :(

Get the most powerfull GPU that isn't a complete ripoff. I
don't know exactly how good the 9800GTX is but i don't think it's bad.

i got a dual channel ram SLI ready @800Mhz. 4 gigs of it.
how about my CPU -Dual Core 3.0 Ghz could that be it?
Or maybe my mobo XFX 680i Lite....
but seriously....performance wise if I crank up the AA to 4x in SLI it's playable, but with no SLI the game in 4x AA it runs like 10+ fps.
I was expecting more from that soo much "Nvidia - The way it's ment to be played"
and "Nvidia - SLI! you packing or lacking?" stupid dumb ads...
I think ATI's Crossfire would have been a much better choice..
Idk...
well we all learn from our mistakes...in the mean time i'll take notes for my next comp.. =\

lol
Of course Nvidia makes lots of adds for SLI, it could potentially DOUBLE their profits.

I assume you have either a Core 2 Duo E6850 or a Core 2 Duo E8400.
Both have FSB's of 1333

With the new core 2 microarcitecture, the corralation between RAM speeds and prcessor FSB is much more significant.

It is standard tha your RAM speed should almost or exactly match your procesors FSB. This used to not matter much but now it does.

BTW i don't think you should upgrade right now. you don't really need to.
Also know that 4 gigs of RAM is sort of like SLIng, there isn't as much performance increase from 2 to 4 gigs. Faster ram is probably better that more ram.

One more thing you should know, your mobo does't have PCI 2.0 slots, im not sure how much of a difference that might make though.

Anyway, don't upgrade anytime soon.
Intel Nehalem should come out sometime soon. I heard it would be supporting triple channel RAM so that should be comming out soon i think.
I also heard Nvida is comming out with a new GPU core or something so that should be better than the 8000 series and 9000 series of G92 or something GPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back