Ami bios 8 beeps HELP!! tedster !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovvn.you

gq rx 7330 laptop, it was just working!! i reboot after installing one of windows gay updates(as normal windows always want you reboot). anyway its got ami bios, 8 beeps means its something to do with display. give me some ideas ppl! please :)

Eight short beeps=Display Memory Read/Write failure (fault with video card).

Go into your bios if you can and set the bios to the default settings.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Disconnect your computer from the mains. Open your case and remove the cmos battery for a few minutes. Replace the cmos battery and see if you can get your computer to boot.

If you can`t, then it looks as though your video card has died.

nope, i just got to it, i was reading in another forum, someone said my video card is the problem, maybe its not seated properly

got laptop to work! but now it restarted and i got this bsod!!!

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF802D4E, 0xF31065C78, 0x00000000)

*** win32k.sys - Address BF802D4E base at BF800000, DateStamp 43446a58

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

after i shut it off, it only starts with the 8 beeps, anyone tell me what hardware it is?
btw, please dont say its my video card!

I know you don`t want to hear this, but it`s your video card.

Eight short beeps=Display Memory Read/Write failure (fault with video card).

im having a hard time believing that its a problem with the video card, because it comes on sometimes and works well, my ram is reading low at 224(should be 512) and i think it wouldnt be working off and on like that if it was the video card, with the way laptop video cards are seated and all

Lol. No need to be sorry.

I do understand your reluctance to think it`s your videocard, but everything points to it.

Please let us know how you get on.

hahaha no one ever asked me for help directly!

Howards right. Your Video card is the problem- mroe than likely your video timings were changed in BIOS. do like he says and set everything back to where it was in BIOS.

RTFM if you're not sure.

turn off caching in BIOS for video.
also set the BIOS for the # of megabytes your videocard is - i.e. 256 for 256MB....

your BIOS should have an option for resetting everything.

do you guys think the problem could be caused by overheating? cuz it gets a lil hot and ive been able to get it on but doesnt last longer than 30 mins

ovvn.you said:
do you guys think the problem could be caused by overheating? cuz it gets a lil hot and ive been able to get it on but doesnt last longer than 30 mins

I think it`s caused by a faulty video card.

if it's working fine for a little while, then cuts out, the card is probably bad.
Especially if you upgraded your drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back