Another BSOD error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this error on my Laptop and then it automatically shuts down and wont boot back up unless I let it sit for a few hours. When I try to turn it on it runs POST but then nothing not even any beeps. I get no BIOS screen just a black screen. Then if I let it sit shut down for a few hours it will boot up and then it gives me this error in the error report.
BCCode: 10000050
BCP1: C22F857C
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 80502B5A
BCP4: 00000000

Any help would be much appreciated

More info

Hello Jthack,

Need a little more info before we can start helping you.

#1 System specs:
OS
CPU
MOBO
etc
etc..

#2 If you will attach some minidumps to your post they can be used to help debug/diagnose what is causing the problem. The default directory for these is C:\WINDOWS\Minidump ..You should be able to fit 4 or 5 minidumps if you zip them in a folder and then attach them.

#3 any additional information you think might be helpful..What happened when this started happening. Did you install any new hardware and/or update/install any drivers.

I can not say anything for sure as of yet, but if it shuts down and you can't turn it on for a few hours it may be a heat related issue. It needs time to cool down before you can turn it on again. Just a thought, however like I said I can't say for sure what is causing it as of yet.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download337.html That is a download link for speedfan you can monitor your cpu/case temps and see what rpm's your fans are running at.

I await your reply.

Yep, need that info. I don't do mini-dumps but your descriptions sounds like it may be a heat problem- so knowing the computer specs is needed, including model- desktop or laptop.

I'm just echoing the previous request for emphasis.

It's a Toshiba Satellite

CPU : Intel Celeron
MOBO : dont know

I cant get it to boot up at all now so i cannot get to the mini dump file for you. Just blank screen when turned on. I don't know what was going on when it started happening b/c it's my dad's laptop. I think he was installing software. He took it to the IT dept at his job and they just reinstalled the OS. But then shortly after it started doing the same thing.

Ok so I was able to get the laptop to boot up today and i got the minidum files and i was also able to install registrybooster that i got from the link from Nobardin. I ran it and i came up with 83 errors and then crashed. So now i have to wait till it will boot up again and i'll try it again. But here are the minidump files.

Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks

Toshiba Satellites are notorious for getting hair and dust and so fourth caught between the fan and the heat sink plugging the air vent completely up causing it to quickly overheat and making it randomly reboot or not boot at all until cooled enough for safer operating temperatures. I can't exactly remember the way to look at the heat pipe and fan on the satellite but there is either a access panel which you can remove on the bottom to give you access or you need to pop off the little panel right above the keyboard and take the keyboard out and it should give you access to take the heat sink and heat pipe system off of the cpu and allow you to clean the crap out. I would look in the vent on the side of the computer and see if you can see the fan or if you see brown gunk plugging the vent. thanks.

All three of your errors were 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

This means that requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

* Two drivers cited were mfeavfk.sys and mfehidk.sys which belong to McAfee.

* However, corrupted memory was cited in the third minidump. If you have bad RAM this can lead to all kinds of issues including shut-downs. Run MemTest on your memory for a minimum of 7 passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back