Anti-virus gives me blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioncourt

So i just sent my laptop in to fix a problem that they told me was a connection problem between the motherboard and video card. works fine now except when i run a full scan with norton or mcafee i get a blue screen restart during the scan.

error message is
BCCode : 24 BCP1 : 001902FE BCP2 : AE21F608 BCP3 : AE21F304
BCP4 : BA615FA0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

it's happened a few times in the past day but one website told me to delete the minidump folder so attached is the only one i have left. please help.

ran chkdsk and all is good. i was running norton and whenever it ran i got the BSOD so i turned it off thinking it might have a virus itself and installed mcafee which ended up having the same problem. seems like its some hardware problem not software. can anyone examine the error message and see whats up? it's not a simple fix like running a cleaner program apparently.

You'll need to post some more minidump files when or if you get them. The one you posted crashed with the NTFS File System Bugcheck.

BugCheck 24, {1902fe, b3cfe704, b3cfe400, ba615fa0}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsWriteFileSizes+b3 )

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

I'm removing norton as we speak. i tried restarting so i could run chkdsk again but now when the computer restarts i get a black screen and 3 beeps followed by about a second of silence then beeps again repeating. if i turn it off then on again it starts up fine i just can't restart the thing. here is the latest minidump

norton is gone so there is noting to give me the error untill i reinstall. chkdsk found nothing wrong and the restart beep pattern is more like beep short pause 2 beeps then long pause and repeat if that tells anyone anything

Seems to be getting worse. here is the latest. anyone?

BCCode : 24 BCP1 : 001902FE BCP2 : B629F354 BCP3 : B629F050
BCP4 : BA615FA0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back