Are GPU Prices Going Up Now? October GPU Pricing Update

Interesting that you think an export ban for the 4090 will lead suppliers to attempt to skirt the ban or ignore it to chase profits. I doubt there's much pent up demand for a $1600 video card in any case. If you wanted to drop that kind of cash on a card, you're probably also the type of consumer who buys products as soon as they're released.

Local prices at microcenter and pcpartpicker website still has MSRP pricing. If we learned anything about Nvidia's attempt to manipulate the market into a buying frenzy is that we can probably expect this type of behavior especially when their stock is now tanking. The stock holders and hedge funds will spread disinformation to cause mass hysteria. I recall they were saying the same thing about the 4060 before it dropped in price.
Get it?

You cant mine bitcoin on consumer GPUs anymore. The difficulty makes it utterly unprofitable.
It starts being profitable above 32k. And if that price is broken, it will go way above, making it way more profitable, which will trigger GPU demand.

I'm surprised that the 6800XT cards aren't pushed down at least to $450 to help try and move the remaining stock. Right now the 7800XT are at $500 (like the 6800XT currently are) and they're just slightly faster and use, on average, 50W less when gaming.....

But then you run into the problem that the 6800XT are priced at $450, same as the 7700XT, and they're 10-15% faster. So now no one is buying the 7700XT (if they even are now) and snatching up the 6800XT and then the 7700XT will still sit on the shelf because an extra $50 will get you the 7800XT with that 15% performance gain.

Maybe the remaining 6800XT cards are just going to just be finding their way to a local landfill or perhaps dropped into entry level pre-builts to try and recoup some money.

I'm surprised that the 6800XT cards aren't pushed down at least to $450 to help try and move the remaining stock. Right now the 7800XT are at $500 (like the 6800XT currently are) and they're just slightly faster and use, on average, 50W less when gaming.....

But then you run into the problem that the 6800XT are priced at $450, same as the 7700XT, and they're 10-15% faster. So now no one is buying the 7700XT (if they even are now) and snatching up the 6800XT and then the 7700XT will still sit on the shelf because an extra $50 will get you the 7800XT with that 15% performance gain.

Maybe the remaining 6800XT cards are just going to just be finding their way to a local landfill or perhaps dropped into entry level pre-builts to try and recoup some money.
The 7700xt was never meant to be a $450 card. It's priced so that they can drop the price once 6700xt stock sells out and then it'll be priced $380-400. AMD isn't even letting board partners price their 7700XT's lower than 450. This is a marketing move to sell new-old stock, AMD doesn't actually think the 7700xt is a $450 card.

Now you would think an entire (communist) nation's supply of gpus would be discounted and gobbled up by the rest of the world (who already thinks they're still insanely priced).

But what? Oh no! We can't have that! f-these a-holes

It starts being profitable above 32k. And if that price is broken, it will go way above, making it way more profitable, which will trigger GPU demand.

"The current ASIC miner consumes approximately 3500W for 100TH or more. To achieve the same mining power with GPUs, you would need at least 100,000 GPUs, which would require around 30MW of power."

In short, what you are saying is ridiculous and fallacious

"The current ASIC miner consumes approximately 3500W for 100TH or more. To achieve the same mining power with GPUs, you would need at least 100,000 GPUs, which would require around 30MW of power."

In short, what you are saying is ridiculous and fallacious
The numbers that you throw around here are completely off. Here's the real comparison: https://unbanked.com/asic-vs-gpu-mining/

You can keep your opinion to yourself, if you do not agree, no need to be rude here.

The numbers that you throw around here are completely off. Here's the real comparison: https://unbanked.com/asic-vs-gpu-mining/

You can keep your opinion to yourself, if you do not agree, no need to be rude here.
The person who wrote this article 7 months ago doesn't seem to have any idea what he's talking about, so he doesn't go beyond superficial and vague concepts, it's clear from the long article full of redundancy.

Sorry. Opinion is something subjective, we are talking about objective and invariable facts. The previous calculation is a little outdated, but it is a valid demonstration of how BTC is only profitable if it is mined via ASICs, and Ethereum is now POS, therefore GPU mining is a ghost. You can look for other articles out there showing what I said:

Are we in a recession yet? Time to buy more stuff we don't need with money we don't own.

No interest in any new video card for at least the next year. They just don't get it, and consumers who buy at these prices, keep the prices high.
I feel like we are going to have a situation when 5000 series release, a situation when a lot lot of people will want one because they skipped rtx 4000.

I'm waiting for next generation at this stage, again!
I'll see what they offer next time in terms of performance vs price. I've 1k euros here for spending on a well cooled, quiet, gpu with at least 7900XTX performance.
Best I can find today is €1,185 for the Sapphire Nitro+ and that's too much, too late.

It's not worth ro keep up to date to monthly GPU pricing. Either you get it now or not. People who want to buy, will buy, no matter the cost. At current state, the price is not going to dip so low that people are going to rush in to buy.

*shrugs*

I feel like we are going to have a situation when 5000 series release, a situation when a lot lot of people will want one because they skipped rtx 4000.
And that's scary. but according to nVidia, you don't need one. Use their software whatever that name is to just boost your framerates.

The person who wrote this article 7 months ago doesn't seem to have any idea what he's talking about, so he doesn't go beyond superficial and vague concepts, it's clear from the long article full of redundancy.

Sorry. Opinion is something subjective, we are talking about objective and invariable facts. The previous calculation is a little outdated, but it is a valid demonstration of how BTC is only profitable if it is mined via ASICs, and Ethereum is now POS, therefore GPU mining is a ghost. You can look for other articles out there showing what I said:

there are still Ethereum forks, but most aren't all that profitable

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-post-merge-hard-forks-are-here-now-what

But really, the one who killed GPU resellers was NVIDIA introducing Ada with their smartest cache design ever!

they dropped the 192-bit models back down to the 128-bit used by Maxwell 960, and the rest of the up-sellers were made history overnight! you cant even use that for AI

I still don't get this monthly "pricing update".

As I said before, if people want to buy, they will buy no matter the cost.

Looking at the trends nowadays, many are ready to even pre-order the marketing hype.
(Other than graphics cards, just look at the overnight campers outside Apple store or Sony store to get the next iphone or PS, respectively.)

But, as a research material this article is good and may be useful for some. Just not sure how many are actually depending on it to make a purchase decision.

Back