ASUS P5GPL-X onboard sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I would like to point out that I am a forum newbie, who is just beginning to develope a strong interest in computers. My knowledge concerning hardware isn't enough to solve this problem. I really hope somebody can help me out and that I posted this question in the right forum (I am assuming this is a hardware problem and not a driver problem).

As for the actual problem: The onboard sound of my Asus P5GPL-X mobo won't work. I understand this is a recurring problem with Asus mobo's, but previous threads on this topic have never been concluded. Here is the URL of a previous thread on this topic: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic43386.html

I have exactly the same problem a smentioned in the above thread and I have also received the same error messages. "What do you mean, my hardware isn't supported?"

Also, when I insert the cd-rom delivered along with the mobo, the autodrive kicks in and then tells me my operating system isn't supported.

Here are my system specifics:

Operating system: Windows XP Professional MCE SP2 (I am considering switching to merely WinXP Professional SP2)
Motherboard: ASUS P5GPL-X
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3 ghz
RAM: 1 gb DDR-SDRAM
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 6200 TurboCache
HDD: Maxtor 6L300S0 (279 gb)
CD-ROM/DVD : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B

I hope somebody can offer some advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back