Best Alternative Client to AIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morluna

Hi guys,

In the past, I've used Pigeon (then Gaim), Trillian, and Miranda IM to avoid all the clunk of AOL's AIM software. I'm starting fresh on a new notebook, and I want to choose the best software for IM, with no secret background processes constantly running and unnecessary memory usage like AIM is known for... I was just wondering if anyone could give me some input on which client you think is best and why.

Much appreciated!
- Morluna

If you had used Pigeon (then Gaim), Trillian, and Miranda IM , you should try ooVoo, it is the next evolution in online communication - a remarkably easy way to have a face-to-face video chat with friends, it support AOL.

mate, flick the client and just do it online with meebo. (www.meebo.com) no installing, no BS!

sure, it doesnt have all the emoticons and bloat-ware of a client you might install locally on your machine but isnt that the point here with a new notebook?

you just run it straight out of your web-browser and with a tabbed browser like firefox you can just run it in a separate tab.

easy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back