Best Partition And Defragmenting Software For RAID System

Status
Not open for further replies.
:knock: :knock: Hi All ! i'am new member here.. I have RAID-O System with two Maxtor 120GB SATA running Windows XP Proffesional SP2. I just wonder if u guys can give opinion about best partitioning and defragmenting software that run best on RAID system.

Also, i want to ask : if we partitioning our RAID system is that makes them slower?

Thanx for your opinions guys ! :D :D :D

If you have hardware RAID then no program will be aware of it (besides the RAID drivers) and there will be absloutely no difference. You can use any software you like - they all work the same. You do need to have the drivers for RAID available though or the program will not be able to see the logical drives.

No, partitioning will not make it any slower.

Many Thanx.. :slurp: :slurp: so you mean my partition magic and defragmenting software like o&o Defragmenting still work well ? or anyone have suggested any defragmenting program that suitable for my RAID-O system..

Partition magic DOS version will not work unles you arrange yourself a DOS floppy with RAID drivers on it. In Windows it is just fine.

Can FDISK (run from a WinME DOS boot disk) be used to partition two hard disks "striped" under RAID 0? My motherboard has an integrated RAID controller chip, does this mean I would have to copy the appropriate driver to the boot disk? If this is do-able, can the partition sizes span disks; for example, if I have two 100 GB disks, can I create separate 150 GB and 50 GB partitions? -- Thanks

Yes, you will have to copy the DOS RAID driver on the floppy and alter the config.sys file. The instructions should come with the drivers.

A logical drive from hardware RAID looks just like a normal hard drive to all software. You can partition, slice and dice them just like normal hard disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back