Blue screen after log on

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernieuk1

After i enter my user name and password in xp home edition it says loading your setting then just boots up to a blank blue screen with no icons or task bar if i log on with my daughters details it goes to a blank white screen i have tried right clicking on the desk top tom save the settings but nothing happens.I can log on in safe mode and it boots up OK.

Since you can get into safe mode look in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and if there are any files in there upload 3-4 of the most recent minidump files and we will be more than happy to look them over for you and try to resolve this issue.

Also, System specs would help out a lot.

Operating system
Computer make/model
Motherboard
Processor
Video card, if not intergrated
Ammount/Brand of RAM

mini dump files

Thanks for you help,the spec is as follows

Motherboard Asus I am not sure whicn model
CPU AMB Athlon 1700+1.47 Ghz
Elixir 512 mb ram
Nvidia GeForce MX420 Graphics card
O/S XP Home 2002 Service Pack 2
I have found 2 files in minidump which I have uploaded

Thanks Bernie

Attachments

• Mini051808-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 6
Minidump 051808-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
Probably caused by : snpstd3.sys

snpstd3.sys is the camera driver for CliqueCam.

Possible solution:

Since you can boot up in safe mode. Uninstall the driver from the add/remove programs list for this device. Then download the latest version of the driver from the manufacturers website.

Minidump 071607-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
Probably caused by : gwausb.sys

GWAUSB.SYS is related to Conexant WAN ADSL USB Modem. Manufacturer: Conexant Systems Inc.

Possible solution:

Download the latest driver from the manufacturers website or if you got your modem from your Internet service provider (ISP) contact them and they should be able to give you a location for an updated driver.

Also, download and install ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com and after you have removed the drivers for the above stated devices run ccleaner and clean your computer then the registry with the registry cleaner part of ccleaner. After you have cleaned your computer, reinstall the drivers for the above stated devices.

Please post back after doing the above stated and let us know if the issue was resolved or not.

Thanks for your help I will try what you have sugested but I will not have time until tomorrow or Wednesday.I will get back to you when I have tried it and let you know how i went on.

Thanks Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back