Blue screen crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathhawk

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum and would be grateful for some help.

I have recently been having some troubles with my hdd ,got it fixed but lately,whenever i do the *start-run-cmd-chkdsk c: /f or /r option my pc crashes.It does not happen every time and yesterday it went straight in to a blue screen on start up but managed to get the following info off the page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

STOP: OX0000007E (OXC0000005,OXF768E570,OXF7C865AO,OXF7C8629C

NDIS.SYST ADDRESS F768E570 BASE AT F7670000,DATESTAMP 41107EC3

If anyone can help then i will be great as i think i might have to send my 4 week old hdd back!

Thanks

Damaged Ram

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I went on to the website and noticed one of the reasons could be a damaged ram.I have been running two 256mb pc2700 and one 512mb pc3200 rams since i built this and have just been told that is wrong.I now have two 512 mb pc3200 installed but have just realised i took the two 256 rams out of my old pc-and that used to get lots of the blue screen-so im wondering whether i have a damaged memory stick!! My pc is running ok at the moment but i will wait and see!

Thanks

Grrrrrrrr!!!

Hi all,

I just did a chkdsk,and when it restarted,the bsod came up again- i got the same technical information again-i have not got a clue what this ndis.syst is-i am not too good with this stuff even after looking at the microsoft site-any help would be great!!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

STOP: OX0000007E (OXC0000005,OXF768E570,OXF7C865AO,OXF7C8629C

NDIS.SYST ADDRESS F768E570 BASE AT F7670000,DATESTAMP 41107EC3

Thanks

Alright, after reading some stuff from Microsoft, it looks like it has to do with your network card and network protocols. Try to find the lastest drivers for your network card. Also, according to Microsoft, your problem should have been fixed if you have XP Service Pack 2 and have updated with all the recent hotfixes. If you don't have SP2, try downloading it. If you don't have Windoze XP, maybe someone else in this forum will know about your problem. Hope this helps!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi all,

Thanks for everyones help but how do i zip these minidump things-this is all new to me? I am running XP PRO SP2.

I only get this AFTER doing a CHKDSK C: /C or /R.I run the command to start the operation and it reboots ok but just as the chkdsk screen should come on the bsod does instead-about 5 times now!This was my 1st ever pc build 4 weeks ago so everything is brand new!!
El Presidente says this could be something to do with my network etc-i found this in an information log in Event viewer!
------------------------------------------------------------------
TCPIP

The system detected that network adaptor \device\tcpip_{A289E4C7-0EF0-48E7-BC04-076314048799} was disconnected from the network and the adaptors network configuration has been released.If the network adaptor was not disconnected this may indicate it has malfunctioned.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I also recently updated my Nvidia graphics card driver!
Could this be anything?

Thanks

Howard,

I did run the memtest-and it took hours-i let it run for 11 passes before i realised you said at least 7!!

I will be honest and admit im not clued up with this zip stuff.Do i just download off one of the sites and click yes to everthing?

I have typed in everything with the words windows/minidumps and my search keeps coming up as nothing found and i cant find anything in the windows folder!!!

Sorry to be a pain!

Pete

Try going HERE and downloading this free zip programme.

You can find your minidumps in c:/windows/mindumps

In other words double click on your c drive, and then double click on your windows folder, and look for the minidump folder, double click to open the folder.

Note. Techspot has a limit of 100kB per attachment, so you may need to attach several zip files into your post.

Regards Howard :) :)

Howard,

I have gone over every folder in the Windows folder and there is nothing with the words /mindump anywhere-could i have deleted it somehow in my adventures.Nothing comes up when i type the words in the search facility-it just doesnt seem to exist anywhere on my pc-this sounds like bad news!!

Pete

this is very odd, i have gotten the blue screen once (a full computer crash) and next time its fine, have you noticed the HDD making noises like its slowing down?

Deathhawk said:
Howard,

I have gone over every folder in the Windows folder and there is nothing with the words /mindump anywhere-could i have deleted it somehow in my adventures.Nothing comes up when i type the words in the search facility-it just doesnt seem to exist anywhere on my pc-this sounds like bad news!!

Pete

I suppose it`s possible that you have deleted the mindump folder. It could also be the case that your computer isn`t set to write minidumps in the event of a crash.

Right click my computer, and select properties, then the advanced tab, and under startup and recovery click on settings.

In the window that appears make sure that the automatically restart is unchecked, and under write debugging information, make sure that it is set to write small memory dump. Also make sure the overwrite existing file is unchecked.

Regards Howard :) :)

Hi all,

Shadowrunner-its a 4 week old hdd so its quite quiet and seems to respond ok-though im wondering if its knackered already.

Howard-i have done as you say but i can not uncheck the overwrite box while i am in the small memory dump mode-though i can if i do the kernal or complete mode!

A little while my pc froze so i sent the info to microsoft and they gave me a link and i ended up installing a sp2 update called OGT.LL or something like that!

Thanks

PS..El Presidente mentioned a network card driver may need to be updated-whats that?
PPS..i had 2 warnings in the event viewer saying "tcp/ip has reached the security limit imposed the number of concurrent tcp attempts"-and i also noticed that i had a tick in the Remote section about invitations to send remote assistance.

Howard-i have done as you say but i can not uncheck the overwrite box while i am in the small memory dump mode-though i can if i do the kernal or complete mode!

If you change to the kernel or complete memory dump, then uncheck the the overwrite box, then change back to the small memory dump. Click apply/ok.

Regards Howard :)

Doh!!!!

Hi Howard,

Am i thick or what-that was so obvious that i missed it! I have now done that but just to let you know my pc is running really smoothly-its just really annoying i get this Bsod occasionally with a chkdsk!!! Do i try a chkdsk now and see what happens!!

Pete

Howard,

Im just about to do that but i had one question.When it says it will do a chkdsk the next time i boot up-do i have to type anything in the dos command line as all im doing is clicking the X in the corner to come out of Dos and press Restart!! There is a flashing line and i was just wondering whether i am meant to type an exit command!

Thanks

Pete

Yes just type exit, and then restart your computer.

Please be aware that the chkdsk /r /f will take quite some time depending on the size of your hard drive. Unless of course you get the bsod again.

Wheres the rope!!!!!

Hi Howard,

IT HAPPENED!!

I did the CHKDSK C: /F and it only took about 40 seconds to go through all 3 parts! It did not come up with any errors and it rebooted itself-straight to the Blue Screen with the following:
Stop! 0x0000007e (oxc0000005,oxf8395570,oxf898d5ao,0xf898d29c)

NDIS.SYS-address f8395570 base at f8377000, datestamp 41107ec3

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks for all your time and patience

Pete

Ps is this normally a hardware or software problem?

pps..i found this bootex in my computer

Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is Seagate Barracuda.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.
Cleaning up minor inconsistencies on the drive.
Cleaning up 14 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 14 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 14 unused security descriptors.

195350368 KB total disk space.
26691448 KB in 44914 files.
15220 KB in 2906 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
120224 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
168523476 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
48837592 total allocation units on disk.
42130869 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
30 bc 00 00 d7 ba 00 00 6f ff 00 00 00 00 00 00 0.......o.......
2c 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 81 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ,...............
98 fd 89 03 00 00 00 00 5a 13 0b 19 00 00 00 00 ........Z.......
be 31 20 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .1 .............
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3c d7 23 28 00 00 00 00 ........<.#(....
d0 00 b4 b6 00 00 00 00 90 38 07 00 72 af 00 00 .........8..r...
00 00 00 00 00 e0 1d 5d 06 00 00 00 5a 0b 00 00 .......]....Z...

Windows has finished checking your disk.

Howard,

I still cant find this minidump but i have copied the details off my advanced page showing the settings i have:

DEFAULT OPERATING SYSTEM

"microsoft windows xp professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

SYSTEM FAILURE

CHECK-write an event to the system log
CHECK-send an administrative alert
UNCHECKED-automatically restart

WRITE DEBUGGING INFORMATION

small memory dump (64kb)

small dump directory

%systemroot%\minidump

UNCHECKED-Overwrite any existing file

Where is this systemroot directory? I have done the search facility for minidump but it still comes up blank!!

Thanks

Double click on your hard drive, and then on your windows folder. You should be able to find a folder called minidump. Your dump file should be in there.

Howard,

this is all the folders(the yellow ones) in the Windows section-i cannot find minidump if my life depended on it-are my settings wrong? :(

addins. ehome. mui.
appPatch. fonts. nview.
assembly. help. offline web pages.
config. ime. pchealth.
connection wizard. internet logs. peernet.
cursors. java. prefetch.
debug. media. profiles.
downloaded installations. microsoft.net. provisioning.
downloaded program files. msagent. registered.
driver cache. msapps. registration.
repair. srchasst. twain 32.
resources. system. web..
security. system32. winsxs.
shellnew. tasks.
software distribution. temp.

I am really grateful for your time and patience-i think i would be pulling my hair out by now!

Pete

I can`t think why you haven`t got a minidump folder.

Maybe it something to do with only getting the bsod during a disk check.

may I suggest you try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE

I must admit that I`m starting to run out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back