BSOD 1000008e error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m running windows 7 and i get a blue screen when i close a game or 1080 bluray movie from task bar.
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8289CF01
BCP3: A2427A4C
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091309-18703-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alecs\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53359-0.sysdata.xml

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

To borrow Route44's mantra...
0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are especially strong indicators of corrupted memory.
However, these errors can sometimes be caused by drivers.

I don't have time to look at the dump right now, maybe later if Route44 or someone else cannot get to it,

but I would strongly suggest starting here...

If you are suspecting memory issues, here are some hints to help troubleshoot...
1. Some motherboards are even more picky than others about the ram you use. You should always check the hardware compatibility list.
2. Bios timing and voltage settings can be critical. Make sure these are set properly.
3. If both of the above are okay, then Memtest can help isolate issues. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html
Memtest is free, runs in its own environment and provides very reliable results.
Be sure to follow the tutorial. Unless you start getting errors, you should let it run a minimum of 7 full passes (each past has a series of 8 tests of ever increasing complexity). This will take several hours. I would suggest running it overnight, and posting your results tomorrow.
If you have more than one stick of ram, and you get errors, you may want to run it again on each stick to isolate where the issues are, so that you replace only the bad memory.

If you pass memtest, then it may be more helpful to start looking at the minidumps.
Let us know your results.

I`ve tested the memory and it`s fine with stock freqency and voltage, the CPU it`s not overclocked.The problem appeared after i changed my video card, Ati radeon 4870 Vapor-X, even so, i have a fresh windows install and the latest video drivers. It is known that ati drivers have problems but i cannot fix this. Almost every Bluray movie ( 7 Gb and 40 Gb versions ) gets me this error when i try to close it from the taskbar( changed many video players and it`s the same), if i use the x button it`s fine. Checked the video temperature and it`s normal.
Also i need to mention that i dual boot windows 7 and windows xp, but i doubt this matters at all, in windows xp i don`t experience this problem at all so my only guess is that there is a incompatibility between the video drivers and windows 7... or who knows.

This is one of the less common times when an 0x8E error is caused by a driver. In your case it is cdd.dll cdd.dll. It is a DLL file used by Canonical Display Driver/Windows OS display driver created by Microsoft Corporation This process is still being reviewed.

Doing a bit of research people have had issues with this in Windows 7 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back