BSOD Error Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I know many have posted up...but I am really not tech-inclined. Can't even decipher those troubleshooting steps...I've been trying for very long but yet identify the problem.
The BSOD kept interrupting my work progress

Hopefully a kind soul can help me solve it??

attached my minidump files & a screen shot of it.
If you need my error signature I can also attach it...hopefully someone can help me out here :S

thanks!

Attachments

• Mini071608-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 9
0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware issues. Your minidump only cited a core Windows driver which doesn't tell us a whole lot.

However, my suspicion at this point is that you have faulty RAM. So go to www.memtest.org. Download the latest ISO version and burn it to a CD. Go to your BIOS and set your DVD/CD drive to first bootable.

Reboot with CD already in the drive. The test will take over. This takes a long tim e to run so do what most people do and let it run overnight as they sleep. It will absolutely not hurt your system.

If you have any errors you have corrupted memory that must be replaced. If it has a minimum of 7 passes (there are 8 individual tests per PASS) and no errors then we need to move on to something els.

You may be able to pin down the problem by finding the Error in the Event Viewer that corresponds to the time of the BSOD:

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click first on System, then Apps> look for Errors> right click> Properties on Error> click on Copy button below the down arrow on right> Paste (Ctrl V) Error here.

You do not need to include the lines of code following the Description and you can ignore Warnings. If this doesn't reveal a cause or if memory is indicated, then you can run the memtest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back