BSOD, I have no idea

2deep4me

Hello everyone. I've lurked the forum for a while now, and have had help from other people's posts and such, but just today for the first time ever I experienced a BSOD upon startup.

recently, my computer tells me I have to start in safe mode (it gives me the option) and that it has to start up using system restore. after it does this it allows me easily enough to log on and do my thing. today, after system restore, it BSOD'd on me.

I've attatched the only minidump file I have (which I hope I've done correctly), created on the 08/08/2010, it is now the 16th.

can anyone please tell me what I need to do, or what the problem is?

Attachments

• Mini080810-01.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 2
my computer specs. sorry i keep posting, but i'd really appreciate a view of my minidump. i rang harvey norman and they said to bring it in, but they didn't seem too certain of what the problem was, and i'm unable to get into town for a while.

Vista 32x SP1
NEC Powermate series
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
3gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

and in my device manager, it lists my computer as
ACPI x86-based PC, though i don't know what that means

actually, i just noticed that under network adapters it lists
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface but it has a small yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it.

i'm pretty sure Teredo is meant to be there? i vaguely recall the name from back when i used to research coding, telnet etc. but that was a loooong time ago.

i'm going to try and update that, but i have to restart my computer.

Hi 2deep4me

I didn't try reading your minidump.. just skimmed your thread and would suggest the following to start

1. You;re running Vista SP1. Backup your stuff (always prudent) and then upgrade to Vista SP2

2. I'd also go to the driver download support site for your motherboard make sure you have all the most recent drivers

3. fyi... "Teredo tunelling" is part of your network adapter. Specifically, it relates to using the newer ipv6 (vs. ipv4) networking protocol. But is typically not a problem. For starters, i'd just reinstall your network drivers. (one can optionally even turn off ipv6 support for Vista... but i'd just reinstall the network drivers for now)

Hi 2deep4me

I didn't try reading your minidump.. just skimmed your thread and would suggest the following to start

1. You;re running Vista SP1. Backup your stuff (always prudent) and then upgrade to Vista SP2

2. I'd also go to the driver download support site for your motherboard make sure you have all the most recent drivers

3. fyi... "Teredo tunelling" is part of your network adapter. Specifically, it relates to using the newer ipv6 (vs. ipv4) networking protocol. But is typically not a problem. For starters, i'd just reinstall your network drivers. (one can optionally even turn off ipv6 support for Vista... but i'd just reinstall the network drivers for now)

1. i read up on SP2 a week or so ago, and to be honest i'm not really keen on upgrading to it? seems like more effort than it's worth.

as a side note, i've never really "backed" anything up, as i'm not really sure how. i've moved all my important things to an external hard drive (basically all my music and some pictures, though i should probably make a copy of documents etc as well).

2. i'll do this, though i'm pretty sure i have. i fiddled around with some things in the device manager and my computer updated, said it needed to restart so i let it, and it restarted no problem. no bluescreen or startup repair. and the updates installed themselves (finally).

3. yeah, it's coming back to me now haha. when a freind and i got into telnet we read up about it. at first i was like "tunneling, oh daaaang" but it's all good. i tried updating the device drive, but it said it had the best one already. i googled around and apparently a lot of people have the same thing and just choose to ignore it with no problems, so i'm going to do that for now. no point in disabling it.

thankyou for your reply!

Hello again everyone. so there is something definately wrong with my computer. I think it may be a hardware issue.

every start up I have to use system restore or I get a bluescreen. it bluescreened this morning not too long ago. the code was:

0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x8406F028 0xf2000038 0x02000e0f)

minidump attatched. I'd really appreciate someone reviewing this.

:/

Attachments

• Mini082610-01.dmp
    142 KB · Views: 0
Back