BSOD on startup - Possibly SRTSP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylarZero

Twice now I've received a blue screen of death on Startup. I've looked in Event Manager, and the only possibility I see is SRTSP failing to load. Though it does it anytime I boot, and the Blue Screen only appears now and then (first on the 18th, now today).

It seems to only happen when i boot up. It may be a driver needing updated, but I'm not sure which one to do. I appreciate any help. I've ran a memory test provided by HP, and nothing seemed wrong. I think Symantac may be the problem, but I'm not sure.

I would post my minidumps but they are too big.

Both BSODs seem different

Second One:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA60038A0C7E
BCP2: 0000000000000008
BCP3: FFFFFA60038A0C7E
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052910-01.dmp
C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-74568-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD577.tmp.version.txt

First One:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFF6FC0006A050
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020DF146
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini120108-01.dmp
C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70325-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6F36.tmp.version.txt

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a Zip option under manage Attachments. It will compress your files so that you can attach. We'll unzip them at our end.

Give us the five most recent ones (or less if that is the case).

This should be it right here. I really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 100529034838-10264.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 2
The most definitive dump is an 0xD1 error which are usually caused by faulty drivers.

In this case it cited the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys. Do the following and let us know if it resolves the issue:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers-- and ONLY the video drivers -- and then reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I don't know if it solved my problem or not. Got another BSOD just now. It's still on startup. Luckily my computer has started fine afterwards. But I'd still like to get it to stop. Especially with the frequency at which it's been doing it.

Here's the latest dump.

All help is appreciated.

Also, I'd like to note, what little research I've done seems to say that it's ntoskrnl or something like that (I'm bad at reading minidumps, and I"m probably doing it wrong) and it seems to suggest maybe the keyboard is doing it? It might be going to blue screen when my keyboard starts lighting up. But I'm not sure. It seems to be random when it happens.

Attachments

• 100602125327-51903.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
Your error code is Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Cause
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

1. You have already updated your graphics drivers.

2. From research you might want to run Memtest on your RAM. This is not to say this is your issue but it is a good giagnostic step.

Sorry to bother you again (You've been such a good help, and so patient. I'm not a patient person on the other hand. I really should try to learn more about computers.)

but could updating the drivers again (I found some updates after installing service pack 2.0) resolve the problem, if it's not an issue with ram?

Sure, there is always a possibility. We're talking computers so logic often cannot be applied to many situations. :D

Give it a shot and let us know,

Things were going so well for a while, and now... here were are another one. Maybe this will help determine the problem. *sigh*

I really hate these things.

Attachments

• 100615104437-20722.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
Another 0x3B error and it only cited a Windows OS driver. Were there any updates since gaining stability that might have caused this that you can think of?

I had some updates, and decided to try to do a system restore (I really screwed up before that and tried a registry cleaner, and that caused some things to stop working. Not going to do that again!).

This has been really odd. Because the Blue Screens were really random. Like I could go a week without one. And then POOF. I use my computer quite a bit. And so far, it's only crashed shortly after booting up (the win32k.sys crash) or usually when it was starting up (the ntoskrnl.exe crashes).

It was never a daily occurrence. I could start my computer 4x a day, and it not crash once. Then one morning I'll start it up, and poof it'll crash.

Hoping it stops happening soon.

Don't mean to double post, but it happened again.

It was once again on startup. Then starting again, it worked fine. Would really like to find a way to stop these...

Attachments

• 100618113833-36799.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 1
This one is 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
This memory management error is usually hardware related but dump only cites OS driver.

You have had 5 different errors and all with OS drivers. Have you run Memtest on your memory at any time?

I ran Memtest4.0 for 30 minutes. It said to run it for 20, but I ran it longer just to make sure. It found no such problems.

You need to let memtest run for minimum of 8 passes, to be sure that there are no issues with RAM.

Memory appears to be fine.

I think that removing Norton has helped, but there appears to be a new problem (or it may still be the old one). It's still citing ntsokrnl.exe (I think it just has to do with startup in vista, which explains why it only happens on startup). But it's also citing crashdmp.sys

Here's the latest dump. It has an fc bugcheck code. Which I think is executing non-executable memory.

Attachments

• 100624104948-93059.zip
    11 KB · Views: 1
Did you ever ran Windows Driver Verifier in the past? if so please click on Start, then go to Run, and type verifier /reset.

Have you made any change to your system recently? or added some new hardware ?

Or are you running any video (DVD) decoding software?

One more thing, please do check your hard disk's health by downloading and running diagnostic software from its manufacturer's site and check your system's registry with CC Cleaner.

Should anything happen (other than a command prompt appearing, then disappearing) after I did verifier /reset? I may have ran it at some time. Could that have caused the problem?

I haven't added any new hardware. The only change to my system I made was removing Norton Antivirus. It's very expensive, and I don't think it's as good as some of the free ones (system hog, doesn't catch everything. I have noscript with Firefox, which helps some too I think)

I run I think it's called HP Health Check on a monthly basis. I'll check the registry in a bit. I really appreciate the help.

Not really, driver verifier infact helps you pinpoint which driver may be causing such issues.

But for now, I want you to have it disabled, also you need to remove all the traces of Norton from your system as Norton doesn't delete everything even when uninstalled. You can find Norton removal tool on norton/symantec's site.

You can use Avira, Avast or AVG (free versions), they all provide very reasonable protection when coupled with a good firewall, I personally use Comodo x64 version in this respect, but Online Armor is just as good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back