Inactive BSOD restart loop from virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i was just "surfing the web" not intentionally downloading any programs of any sort when i get one of the many fake antivirus warnings.

i immediately try to open up task manager to end the processes and it popped up saying it couldnt open because it was detected as a virus. then i attempt to open a couple anti-malware programs each giving the same message.

i then got a BSOD followed by a restart. it gets as far as the windows xp logo loading screen, goes black and a BSOD flashes (not enough tinme to read it) and it loops restarts. all safe mode options hang and restart without a BSOD and i cant get any command promt.

i try to boot from cd rom but the only disk i have to work with is an XP Pro upgrade cd (dont know if it has all the features of a regular Pro cd) but it wont load anything.

currently dont have access to a computer with another cd rom drive to burn any boot cds and formatting is my absolute last option.

edit: was able to scrounge up both an xp and xp pro discs and it wants to boot from cd but its like its not reading the discs. it says
Verifying DMI pool data . . . . . . . .
Boot from CD/DVD :
_

then it goes to the screen where i can select safe modes or start normally.

currently dont have access to a computer with another cd rom drive to burn any boot cds and formatting is my absolute last option.
That would be crucial in case of a computer, which can't boot.
We'll need to create a special CD to try to see what's going on on your computer.
Let me know....

well i found out i had some loose cables on my disk drive, got my xp pro upgrade disk to boot and tried as much as i could to fix the problem.

i ended up installing xp over the previous and in my frustration, forgot i dont have all the drivers for some of my hardware. im able to boot up, it appears all my personal files are intact although all my settings and such need to be redone.

need to find drivers for
Ethernet Controller *
Multimedia Audio Controller *
PCI Device *
SM Bus Controller *

* how do i go about finding drivers for these if i dont know what brand/model they are?

ps. running malwarebytes after the install found no issues (im a bit skeptical on that).

I'm glad to see your computer bootable again :)
Unfortunately, this is malware removal forum, so you'll have to repost at Windows forum.
I'll close this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back