BSOD upon returning from "sleep" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to attach the following minidumps. I receive the BSOD after the computer comes back from being asleep. I have updated my Intel 82562v-2 10/100 driver to the 9.9.13.0 (6/19/2007) update as I thought that might be the problem. Other than that I have no idea. My computer is less than a month old.

I have ran countless chkdsk, defrags, virus (Trend Micro) scans, and spybot scans hoping to fix the problem. Nothing has worked.

What specs of my computer would you need to help me diagnose and fix this problem? I didnt know what to post.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated =)

If your computer is only a month old,and you haven`t added any hardware or software,

get back to the seller/manufacturer.

If you have added any hardware/software roll it back bit by bit,until it`s back to the original state.

All your dumps crash at your Intel network card driver.Did you install that since new ?

Po`Girl said:
If your computer is only a month old,and you haven`t added any hardware or software,

get back to the seller/manufacturer.

If you have added any hardware/software roll it back bit by bit,until it`s back to the original state.

All your dumps crash at your Intel network card driver.Did you install that since new ?

So all my crashes are due to the network card driver? Did you examine my dumps and figure that out? I have installed a new driver since I bought the computer for that device, the actual device came with the computer.

I have added alot of software since I purchased the computer and was hoping to not have to roll back. Is that my only option? Can I pinpoint it to software or hardware? Also I have gotten the following other two errors close to the time of BSOD

The Par1284 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

The IP address lease 75.62.101.27 for the Network Card with network address 001AA096F3E9 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

I dont know if that helps??

As mentioned, all the dumps reference ele5132 - the Intel network card driver.

The Par 1284 error is related to your printer drivers.

The DHCPNACK error is your router "saying no" to your network card.

I`m thinking the cause is almost certainly the driver or the configuration of your network devices.

I can only suggest you undo your network related changes over the last month.

Start with the thing you installed immediately before the first crash.

Po`Girl said:
As mentioned, all the dumps reference ele5132 - the Intel network card driver.

The Par 1284 error is related to your printer drivers.

The DHCPNACK error is your router "saying no" to your network card.

I`m thinking the cause is almost certainly the driver or the configuration of your network devices.

I can only suggest you undo your network related changes over the last month.

Start with the thing you installed immediately before the first crash.

I dont remember any actual network changes before my first crash, however I had installed software before then. The only change I made was updating the driver, and that was after some crashes. It hasnt helped with the crashes at all. Should I try to maybe reconfigure the network devices? How should I go about that?

Is there any way to see what network changes have been made over the last month?

Should I be concerned about the PAR1284 error at all?

I don`t know if the printer error is significant.

The fact is your crashes occur when awaking from sleep.

Either your network card or router or some network process

doesn`t like being put to sleep,then awoken.Maybe there is a setting

somewhere that needs to be adjusted to allow them to do this.

Maybe a Techspot uber guru can point you to the exact problem ? ;)

Po`Girl said:
I don`t know if the printer error is significant.

The fact is your crashes occur when awaking from sleep.

Either your network card or router or some network process

doesn`t like being put to sleep,then awoken.Maybe there is a setting

somewhere that needs to be adjusted to allow them to do this.

Maybe a Techspot uber guru can point you to the exact problem ? ;)

Thank you for all the help, hopefully an "uber guru" can reply.. =)

I do have my computer hooked to a Linksys BEFSR41 Router. I guess I could try bypassing the router and plugging my computer straight into the modem to see if that could be the problem and rule out the router. Is that a good idea?

I dont know anything about networks (big surprise i bet, lol) but am not using any sort of printer network. Just the router for internet.

Let me know if you have any more ideas..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back