BSOD when playing StarCraft 2

Hi I have a big problem , I started getting random crushes when I play starcraft 2 , like im playing and out of nowhere the screen freezes and blue screen comes up and then restart. This started like two weeks ago, I tried everything , system restore , removing the overcloack from my computer and nothing works , its happening more often now , I don't know what to do , I'm not that good with computers but I can hold my own , please help me , I attached the minidumps , hopefully somebody can tell me whats going on , and how to fix it. thank you so much and please help me.

Attachments

• dumpcheck.zip
    66 KB · Views: 3
bradwarden, I read your minidump files but before proceeding I have four questions:

1. Does this problem occur at any other time besides Star Craft?

2. Is your video card overclocked?

3. Are all overclocks now set to factory settings?

4. What are your system temperatures like especially when gaming?

It happened only playing starcraft. Yes it was overcloaked but my friend just put it to default today and the is problem still there. i dont know what temperature how can i check? Why is the blue screen coming? Is it a driver issue?

Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. All of your your dumps simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

* However, I am suspicious of your video card because the issue is centered when you are playing Star Craft. Either the card is over heating on a gaming load or we might even try drivers though hardware is the suspect. So I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* You may want to look at this link as well: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

Back