Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built my machine myself approximately 2 or 3 years ago, and I have recieved the same BSOD as this post, >> techspot.com/vb/topic72477 << I checked for the files peterdiva suggested, and neither were found on my system. I have no firewalls on, and I uninstalled Norton as suggested in the beginning of the post. I then installed AVG and Comodo (Comodo did nothing, empty folder in my c drive and nothing to uninstall in add / remove... now I use ZoneAlarm, because Comodo will not let me reinstall b/c i need to remove it in add/remove...) Anywho, ran AVG antivirus, and nothing was found. No rootkits were found either (completed the 12 steps).

"Interesting new development. I have now found out that when I activate the wireless networking via my laptop, the desktop computer, which is directly attached to the DSL modem, crashes. This is the same desktop which gives me the BSOD on other occasions."

(quoted from mentioned post)

I am in an appartment with 6 of my friends, directly connected to the router, with other people directly connected as well, and wirelessly connected. No other computer has the same problem as mine. Not sure if this has any relevence (doubt it) but I wanted to make this part clear.

more links.

Actual Error message is as follows :

Machine_check_exception

0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x805461f0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)

(wasn't sure if you could see the error in the minidump file)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your system has two major problems.

One is it`s infected with some very nasty malware and the other is you have some kind of hardware problem.

You really need to have a read of this as the malware you have can allow people to access your system and steal data etc.

We need to find out what the hardware problems is first, then we can think about the malware problem.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the hard ware problem.

This could be any hardware, but I advise starting with testing your ram first.

The meaning of your bugcheck code is as follows.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

CPU: AMD 64 3800+
Motherboard: Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 2X 1 gig sticks
GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS
PSU (do not leave this out): Antec True Power 550W

My personal oppinion of this problem is I think my cpu is running hotter than it should, but I do not know why this would be or how to allieviate it, because it used to run cooler. My core temp is around 56 when I am browsing.

If your cpu is running too hot, it may be time to take off the heatsink and clean off the old thermal pad/paste from the heatsink and cpu die. Then, reapply some new thermal paste and re-attach the heatsink.

You should also clean out any dust bunnies while you`re in there.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back