Burn in software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

Is there software available that i can get and leave running on my computer for a day or so to burn in the system and test all its paramaters?

Isn't "burning-in" a system a bit of a myth? I understand the principle, but I've seen it disproved in several articles I've read.

It's not a myth, its kinda like screensavers, it is no longer needed. Long ago we used to "Burn in" systems to check everything out(usually 72 hrs)

A "Burn in" of today consists of booting up and checking everything out(maybe a couple of hrs at the most)

Some manufacturers still claim to do a burn in.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Some people, usually overclockers, test their systems with CPU Stability Test.

Whereas others use Sisoft Sandra's burn-in feature....

It's quite handy for checking if your system is stable after an oc, as you don't have to sit for hours in front of your system... (It usually takes 30 mins if the system is unstable...)

.02$

Alot of people use programs like UD Agent, SETI, Folding@home and stuff like that to test stability. Another good one is Prime95. Since I'm on a superslow Mac at work so I don't want to look for the links, but just do a google search.

Sisoft Sandra is the best all around tester IMO, as it tests memory, hd, cpu, and all that good stuff, whereas the ones I mentioned only do the CPU.

There is also a program that will calculate Pi for you out to about 3 million. Takes about 3 days to do it but it is a small but great program to have to help with "burn-in"

OMG! You're still alive! You disappeared for so long Beoing - good to see you're still with us.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back