Buying a new gaming PC

FrederikNeertof

Hey guys.

So.. I've saved up some money and now it's time to purchase a new gaming PC. Tired of gaming on a noisy laptop for a long time now, lol.
Anyway, here are some custom ones I've looked at and I hope you would recommend the best one for the price. The prices will be between 670-910 euros.

PC 1:
Motherboard: Asus P7P55 LX Intel P55 DDR3
RAM: Kingston Value RAM DDR3 4GB PC3-1333 kit CL9
HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA 32MB 7200RPM
DVD Burner: Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE bulk black SATA
Power supply: LC-Power Silent Giant Green Power V2.3 - 600 Wat
Graphic card: Club 3D Radeon PCI-E HD5770 1GB DDR5 HDMI
Processor: Intel Core i7 860 2.80 GHz 8MB 95W Box S1156
Total price: 872 euros
(I have the option to chose a "Intel Core i5 750 2.66 GHz 8MB 95W Box S1156" processor instead, resulting in 818 euros)

PC 2:
Motherboard: ASUS P7H55-M DDR3 mATX S-1156
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston (2x2GB)
HDD: 1TB Samsung 7200rpm 32MB SATA2
DVD Burner: 22x Samsung DVD/RW DL Sort SATA
Power Supply: 750W Energon EPS-750 130mm
Graphics card: 1024MB XFX ATI HD5770 850M DDR5 PCI-E
Processor: Intel Core i3-530 2.93Ghz 4MB S-1156
Total price: 805 euros

PC 3:
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD2 motherboard (Intel P55 chipsæt)
Ram: Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM
HDD: Seagate 1000GB harddisk S-ATAII 3Gb/s 32MB cache (7200rpm)
DVD Burner: Sony 22x burner +/- Dual layer
Power supply: 650W ATX 17dB powersupply Gaming Silent
Graphics card: Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 Dedikeret PCI-E Grafikkort (DirectX 11)
Processor: Intel Core i7-860 4x2,80GHz (Turbo 3.46GHz)
Total price: 898 euros
(I have the option to pick a AMD PhenomII 1090T 6x3,20GHz (Turbo 3.60GHz) processor for the exact same price)

Thanks in forward,

Regards

If you want my honest advice, just take what you like from each and build your own. you can build yourself a really decent system within that price range (and probably save some money too) and assembly is quite easy.

what OS are you planning to use btw?

Do they sound like good and futureproof setups, though? And what about the ati gfx? Reliablecompared to nvidia.?
Well you gave three choices...they're all the same.

I'd recommend building one too.
Where are you getting these computer and their prices?

Well you gave three choices...they're all the same.

I'd recommend building one too.
Where are you getting these computer and their prices?

I know they're not much different. But are they good setups and do you know if they'll be able to handle most new games at at least 60+ fps with medium graphics?
Such as Battlefield 2 Bad Company, some MMORPGs, Modern Warfare2, etc

Oh, and the PC's are from
http://www.fcomputer.dk/Systemer/Foeniks_Computer_Intel_i3_Gamer

I actually forgot the other site.. damnit. Well, won't be much use to you anyway, unless you understand Danish

Well, see, Building your own PC is actually a very easy task. I've had friends compare it to a child putting different shapes into different holes....

The HD5770 will be fine for those games, and MMORPG's aren't real taxing on the graphics card. however, i would recommend going with at least an i5 line processor to run some of the more demanding games like BC2 and MW2.

MMORPG's in general aren't taxing on the video card, but new ones coming out might be. Square Enix for example, threw everyone for a loop with their recommendations and minimum requirements for XIV set to launch in September. So, if that was the MMORPG you were planning on, I'd recommend getting at least a 5830+.

I ended up settling on a 5850 and am pretty happy with it, and I'm running a PhenomII 910 x4.

Also - I agree with the other folks here: build your own. It's a fun learning experience and you know that everyone here will help you out with any questions. Plus, you have complete control over what you put in your box. Pre-made ones I always thought were kind of hit or miss.

Thanks for all your replies.
I wasn't exactly planning on XIV, no.
I decided to buy a custom built PC, with -PHENOMIIx4 - 965 processor and a 5850 card, for a pretty good price. Maybe next time I will try to build my own PC.

Back