Can someone please analyze this minidump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks in advance. heres the scoop. my pc has been acting all crazy. I read an article on how to analyze minidump files. so I downloaded and installed WinDbg. this guy made it sound like there was gonna be a neon sign pointing to the problem with this. well, there isnt one, and it might as well be in chinese. so I have also included a txt file of the results from WinDbg. some things that might be of importance to know...I ran a memtest for almost 19 full hours. I know memtest isnt completely reliable, but I did it....I wanted to build an xtra pc out of excess parts. the only 2 things I needed was a dvd/rom and hard drive. I had 3 dvd/roms and 2 HDD's (non raid) installed on this pc. so I took one of the dvd/roms and 1 HDD out of here, and installed on extra pc. thats when things got really crazy!! 1 of the 2 remaining drives wouldnt open (even though it had power) it was recognized in bios, but was unable to choose it as a boot option. reboots got more frequent, untill I tried to reformat. then it wouldnt even let me do that. it would go straight to windows w/o booting from cd. but it wouldnt go into windows either cause it would reboot before it could load! thought my raptor HDD was bad, so I went and got a velociraptor 2 days ago. got windows and everything installed. ran great for about 1 day, then more crashes. but not the BSOD crashes, just reboots. untill just a lil while ago, when I was recording some music, got the BSOD. and it took a few reboots to get back into windows. another thing worth mentioning is I installed an digital audio sound card (for recording) roughly around the same time as this all started. my pc is pretty clean, but I still took everything out, blew it out with some air, reseated everything when I put the new HDD in. well im hoping I have provided enough info for someone to at least point me in the right direction. thank you again for your help.

Attachments

• WinDbg.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 5
Your error is an 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware issues. The cause of your problem is listed as memory corruption. So...

Run memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. For some they need to go into the BIOS and have their CD Drive as first bootable. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test.

hey thanks for the reply route44. as i stated above i did run memtest a couple weeks ago for almost 19 hours (b4 i went 2 bed and thru the next day while at work) i even had an RMA# from crucial already and cancelled it after i ran the test. like i said i know that doesnt gaurantee it will find a bad stick, and i for sure am not disagreeing with you. im going to try a couple things i havent tried yet. i relaxed the mem timings in bios, they werent oc'd, but my ram is only running at 667mhz and i had the timings set at the out of box settings (cl4). there is also a couple of other bios settings that are mem related (e.g. romsip, mem remmap,..) that im going to try and figure out what they do. also, i took the ram out of the 1-3 dimm slots and put em in the 2-4 slots. and if that dont work ill try just running one stick at at time. im hoping to get a couple more minidumps...well, im really praying for no more minidumps, lol, but if something does go wrong hopefully it BSOD and not just reboots. i just want to be sure, noone likes replacing stuff and still have problems, lol. already spent 300 on a HDD that obviously wasnt the problem, lol. any further thoughts is greatly appreciated, and ill keep ya posted. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back