Capcom's Home Arcade is a plug-and-play stick with 16 pre-installed classics

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Capcom is throwing its name into the retro gaming hardware hat with a new plug-and-play fight stick that comes pre-loaded with 16 classic arcade games. This isn’t the perfunctory effort that likely comes to mind when discussing other controllers with pre-loaded games. Capcom is doing it right.

The Capcom Home Arcade features a pair of competition-class Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT sticks with 8-way GT-Y directional gates and OBSF buttons. As you can see, this is a two-player board on a base shaped like Capcom’s logo. It’s powered by USB and connects to your TV via HDMI. There’s even built-in Wi-Fi to support global leaderboards.

The 16 pre-installed games, meanwhile, are from the original Capcom CPS1 and CPS2 arcade ROMs, and include:

• 1944: The Loop Master
  • Alien vs Predator
  • Armored Warriors
  • Capcom Sports Club
  • Captain Commando
  • Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
  • Eco Fighters
  • Final Fight
  • Ghouls n Ghosts
  • Giga Wing
  • Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
  • Mega Man: The Power Battle
  • Progear
  • Strider
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Capcom is a familiar passenger on the nostalgia express, having previously released limited edition cartridge versions of Street Fighter 2, Mega Man X and Mega Man 2.

Pre-orders are now being accepted for the Home Arcade in the UK priced at 229.99 euros (roughly $260) ahead of an October 25 launch. Details for the North American version are coming soon, we’re told.

Permalink to story.

Lol @ the video. It's like the marketing department was like wtf, we can only show this product at so many angles before it gets boring!

Good idea overall though. Looks fun.

Am I the only one who's underwhelmed by the game library?

It looks super clean, but man I hate that they used clear buttons.

If only it had Sanwa or Seimitsu switches. I'd pay extra.
(EDIT - apparently I can't read and it DOES have Sanwa switches. Neat)

Last edited:
Am I the only one who's underwhelmed by the game library?

It looks super clean, but man I hate that they used clear buttons.
I agree with you that about the game library. The question will be if they will offer additional titles to download or not.

Take a closer look at the buttons. They are not clear. Pause the video at about 0:11, it will give you a closer look at what they did.

It's actually amazing that if you DIY, you can go to Microcenter and build your own arcade cabinet with premium parts.

Personally, there are only a few cabinets I want.

#1 G-LOC on the Sega R360 (which I can't fit in).

#2 Gauntlet (4-players).

#3 Time Crisis 1 and 2

This console is using an illegally licensed emulator, FB Alpha, which only allows non-commercial use and distribution.

Back