Could it be a motherboard failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

New to this forum so be gentle with me :)

I've tried lots and lots of forums and not gotten a helpful answer yet but I figured you guys have a bit more experience then others so here goes:

The system:
All parts are new and due to this problem none of them has ever booted correctly.
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4
Power supply: Corsair 620W
All other components are unimportant (read bottom of post)

Symptom:
When I press the power button the fans start spinning, watercooling starts and everything looks fine, but after a few seconds (2 - 10 seconds, random) it reboots itself and does the same thing over and over again.
The screen stays black, which is odd seeing how it should (in 10 seconds) be able to post an image to the screen.

What I've tried:
Changed CPU
Tested with orginal CPU-fan
Used PSU with another system (works)
Switched memory
Used another graphicscard
None of the above worked, but it has led me to believe that it's a motherboard failure.

So, there you have it. Anyone got any tips or hints for me? I could sure use it!

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, it didn't help alot though.

I still think it's a motherboard failure (unless the mobo and ram are conflicting).
I'm currently using 2 sticks of corsair ram 2GB each with a speed of 6400/800 mhz, and that should work well with my mobo.

One more thing I've thought about. When a CPU-fan isn't connected or the memory doesn't work I should still see something on my screen and the pc should turn itself of and stay off, right? Not start a random reboot cycle like it's doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back