Crash Dump Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having crashes periodically. I've looked at the minidump files with windbg but I still don't know how to fix the problem.
Thanks for your help!
Dave

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 11
several of your minidumps indicate memory corruption. Run memtest86+ for at least 7 passes overnight. Use the DOS version and boot from your floppy. You DO have a floppy drive right? It's unwise not to have one.

Ok thanks Tedster. I'll get a copy of memtst tonight. Yes I have a floppy drive. If it is the memory, can it be fixed or just have to replace?
Dave

memory failures are seldom fixable. You'll have to replace the modules.
But sometimes the failures are in one module. If you have more than one, you can isolate and retest to find the bad one.

heat, high voltage, and unsteady voltage are all enemies of memory sticks.
Overclocking and changing timings is bad also. You shorten life span.

Tedster,
I did the memtest86+ and had no errors. I could not enable the ECC because my chipset isn't supported i845g intel. So now where do we go? I got DriverMagic a few weeks ago when the BSODs started thinking it was a driver problem. I installed the updates I needed especially the USBs. That seems to be some of the BSODs. USB_BUGCODE_DRIVER 0x0FE. The BSODs don't happen all the time, about twice a week. When they happen seems to be when it comes out of hibernation.
Thanks for your help!
Dave

Hi,

Besides faulty ram, 4 minidumps are crashed at IdeChnDr.sys which is
Intel Application Accelerator. You had better de-install it. Refer the following problem which is exactly the same as your problem.

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/146796.html

Mini032106-05.dmp BugCheck D1, {34, 2, 0, f84338f0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( Unknown_Module_f842e000+58f0 )

Mini032106-06.dmp BugCheck D1, {34, 2, 0, f8433b3b}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( Unknown_Module_f842e000+5b3b )

Mini032106-07.dmp BugCheck D1, {34, 2, 0, f8433b74}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( Unknown_Module_f842e000+5b74 )

Mini032106-08.dmp BugCheck D1, {34, 2, 0, f8433b74}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( Unknown_Module_f842e000+5b74 )

Yes, I uninstalled it after those dumps. It's the USB_Bugcode_Driver 0xfe that I can't seem to figure out.
Thanks for your help!
Dave

possibility your video driver is out of date, especially if you're using integrated video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back