Custom built not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. This is my first attempt at a custom built and it's not going so well. Here are my products:

-----

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Brisbane 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

Mobo: Foxconn A7VMX-K AM2+/AM2 AMD 780V Micro ATX AMD

PS: Allied 500w 20-pin (mobo is 24 but claims my old 20 will work)

RAM: DDR2 1GB 5400 XMS CORSAIR

Hard drive: My old Dell 4400 hard drive

-----

When I turn the power on, the case fans work, the CPU fan works, the USB mouse has power, the non-USB keyboard doesn't work, the DVD drive doesn't eject, and I don't get anything on the monitor. It's as if the lights are on but no one is home.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sorry. Forgot to mention that. There are no beeps with any ram combination; 1, 2, or 0.

I've read the guide that is often referenced and tried steps 1-10 with the same results every time.

Have you got the extra four pin connector plugged in at the top of the board? It has yellow & black cables with a square shaped connector.

Have you tried bench testing the board? This involves running it outside of the case on a non-conductive surface such as cardboard.

Not yet. I tried to and I had trouble making the appropriate cables reach from inside the case but I just learned I can jump the front power switch with another piece of metal so I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back