Death Stranding Director's Cut lands on March 30 as a $10 upgrade for base game owners

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Death Stranding publisher 505 Games has announced that the Director’s Cut will land on Steam and the Epic Games Store for PC players on March 30, 2022. The game will retail for $39.99, but those who already own the base version of Death Stranding on Steam or Epic can upgrade to the Director’s Cut for only $9.99.

Players will be able to transfer their progress from the base game to the Director’s Cut, we’re told. Details on how to do so will be shared closer to launch.

Minimum and recommended specs for the Director’s Cut are as follows:

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB or AMD Radeon™ RX 560 4 GB
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 80 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended:

• Processor: Intel™ Core i7-3770 or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon™ RX 590
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 80 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Death Stranding is available over on Steam for $17.99 after a 70 percent discount, or $20.99 via the Epic Games Store after a 65 percent price cut.

Both sales are valid through early February as part of the platforms' respective Lunar New Year Sales, so if you’ve been meaning to pick up the game, now might be a great time to do so in preparation for the Director’s Cut.

Permalink to story.

This game is just Fedex employee training. Watched someone play it and I was bored out of my mind. Did not purchase!

I bought it for next to free a few months ago and after a solid 10 hours in I cannot see why all the reviews were so positive. It’s SO boring. If I want to see a guy struggling through wind and rain to deliver parcels in some kind of dystopian future I’ll look out my window onto the drizzly London streets below.

The only reason I'm slightly tempted to play the game is the striking resemblance to Daryl from The Walking Dead.

I bought it for next to free a few months ago and after a solid 10 hours in I cannot see why all the reviews were so positive. It’s SO boring. If I want to see a guy struggling through wind and rain to deliver parcels in some kind of dystopian future I’ll look out my window onto the drizzly London streets below.
I got it on super sale as well. I figured I would be okay with the whole FedEx thing since I’ve played plenty of games that can be described as "walking simulators". What I wasn’t prepared for was the atmosphere. With the current state of the world and life in general, it seems that I just can’t deal with games that are even remotely dark and depressing. Hopefully things will change so I can give it another try at some point.

anigif_sub-buzz-13216-1593778414-28.gif

Huh? What? Oh, sorry. I thought I was playing Death Stranding again.

Back