Dell Express Service code

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Latitude CPx. The service tag and express service number has both been scratched up so that the only thing I can read is what appears to be CD??? for the service tag and 207-?24-3? for the express service number. When the machine is booted it is asking for a bios password, which I don’t have. The number CD0E6**-595B is displayed. I understand this is a conversion from the service tag. Is there anything out there that will convert the number back to either the service tag or express code?

Did you try to call dell. Try letting your laptop battery dies out but don't recharge it. Wait about 5-10mins or more after the battery is dead. That might clear the CMOS. Not sure if this works with laptops as it works with desktop PCs.

werty316 said:
Did you try to call dell. Try letting your laptop battery dies out but don't recharge it. Wait about 5-10mins or more after the battery is dead. That might clear the CMOS. Not sure if this works with laptops as it works with desktop PCs.
Thanks but I did try Dell and of course they were no help. I also tried removing the cmos battery (for a week) and that didn't help. I've downloaded the Latitude.exe program but that requires either the service tag or express service number.

pulling the cmos battery wont do a thing for you. Dell laptops have a special security chip that prevents precisely what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back