Not open for further replies.

eyemfedup2

thinking about getting a dell optiplex gx270 3ghz
i wonder if someone knows anything about them
is it a good computer, can i upgrade what are my limitations
i cant find much info since i haven't purchased it yet
trying to get a heads up
thanks

Memory limit is 4 GB, 3 PCI connectors, 1 AGP connector (8x/4x at 1.5 V), 2 bays that will fit 1-inch-high HDDs, 8 USB ports (2 front-view, 6 in the rear).

As far as the CD/DVD drive is concerned, you should upgrade to a slim combo CD-RW/DVD-RW if it doesn't have one, some come with built-in CD-RW support but can only read DVDs. Keep that in mind when you do further research on it. All in all, should be your basic business app computer. I wouldn't really put too much into using it as a gaming setup, far better options out there.

Whether it is good or not is dependant on what you want to use it as, and how much you are looking to spend. I wouldn't spend over $100 for it, but it may be worth as much as $150.

Yeah, I'd say the most you should pay for it is around the $150-175 range, no more. It should also have at least a 80GB HDD. Anything around 100 GB or more should be fine for $175.

attracted to 3ghz mainly surfing the web fast downloads and burning dvds usb of course on this computer I'm sure
have a fick7mnf-64 mobo with amd sempron 3000+ barton core cpu
but seems like i have to push it to the limit to get 2ghz out of it
would dell be better for my purpose no games i know weirdo
can you modify gx270 much both only have 2gb ram max if I'm not mistaken
any opinion would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Max RAM is 4 GB DDR SDRAM, and with 4 slots available on the board, you would need to insert 4 x 1 GB Non-ECC 333- or 400-MHz DDR SDRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back