Do I have a Virus or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Can anyone help?

I have AVG 7.5 anti virus and this auto downloads updates on start up and runs regularily, I also update & run spybot. Neither finds a virus

PC running slower than usual, always seems to be working. IE continually not responding and hanging. Keep getting exception errors where PC shuts down, sometimes reboots auto. Windows error reporting suggests I download diagnostic tool and check my m/c - it won't download, it just hangs on the site.

Checked if need of Defrag - says not required but the report gives me warning that overall health of PC is degraded and MFT useage is 99% of total MFT size. Cleared all temp & Temp internet files. This percentage has increased over the last 2 weeks.

Advised I had a virus/malware so I downloaded free AVG 7.5 spyware, this finds tracking cookies which are medium threats. I also tired Windows OneCare safety scanner this found 1 severe issue & 2 other issues but could not remove them. I tried Trend Micro's online scanner this found 1 malware TROJ_GENERIC & 2 grayware/spyware ADWARE_BHOT_IMYONBAR & ADWARE_MEMWATCHER + Several HTTP Cookies - It deleted tham all. I've run Kaspersky online scanner, this says 3 viruses & 5 infected files .

Confused and not sure what to do next:confused: Karen

Hi KarenMac,

Welcome to Techspot! Thank you for starting your own thread.

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM or SAS log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of KarenMac only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back