Dreaded blue screen and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestaz

Hi ive recently been onto the device drivers forum and they suggested i try this forum now as ive exhausted everything on that forum! My problem is that 12mths ago i built my own pc with the help of an expert but ive never been able to use it! what happens is i can load up windows xp no problem really fast too (well was) but for some reason whatever i was doing the screen would just freeze for a split second then return to my windows screen saver and my programs have gone? this happens more when im playing games such as LMA Manager 2007 or Company of Heroes which are powerfull on the graffics card, tech spot said could be the card so i upgraded it but it still happens, ive spent more on having the pc checked by computer wizards than i did building it? none of them can find anything wrong with my motherboard, memory, graffics card etc, so tech spot said could be power supply but recommend i check the motherboard myself as it is more likely to be that pls help im not a computer wiz so any feedback please make its simple and plain english haha

You could "have nothing wrong" but still have the incorrect driver for the video card or some other component.
When you go to the Device Manager, do you see any yellow or red flags?
If not, I would re-evaluate all the drivers.
It can also be the quality of the video graphics card does not match the needs of the games you are playing...
Others: too much or not enough thermal paste, Heatsink or cpu fan is not properly seated, one memory module is having trouble, or the power supply simply cannot deliver.
Also look at your event viewer to determine where the problem is occuring, and does it happen at the same spot... thus giving you a clue of where to start adjustments.

lol now youve lost me!! my graffics card i know is better than the game recomends so its not that ive been told to buy a more powerfull power supply but dont want to spen £100 if i dont really need one? how do i check the device manager? ive got a driver update on my pc and not long done a check on them and all updates are complete?

Computer restarts or just returns to the main screen

Ive had all my graffics card, memory, etc etc checked and no fault was found but i have just found out that some windows downloads could cause this problem if you dont have intel processor? now as i have an AMD motherboard i wonder if this could be the problem? i hear that windows service pk 2+3 can cause problems? i notice that while playing games or using my pc to do various things at once cause it to crash?

Ive tried to download the latest mini dump files for you to see but ive forgot how i did it last time lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back