drivers for HP 6100 officejet all-in-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a HP6110 officejet all-in-one. The bundled software that came with the devise must load a ton of stuff, because it boggs down my PC something awful. Their install program does not allow the user to choose which software to load...it is all or noting. Of all the nerve.....Can enyone point me to a site where I can download a generic driver for the printer, and software that will allow me to use the scanner function? I've talked to HP about the problem a couple of times, and their advise is to uninstall other programs that load their own TSRs, and to accept all the system resource-consuming junk in their software that I don't want or need.

Thanks,
Bob

Is it possible to load the drivers seperately without using the install program on the CD i.e. to install the printer just go to install new printer in windows and tell it to search for drivers from the cd? Then do the same for the scanner.

HP 61106110

Didou,

Thanks for the advise. The HP site was my first stop, and all I could find there for my unit were a few patches and the full application software. I have 2 copies of that already, and one more isn't going to help. Unless I missed a secret door, the HP site has no bare bones drives available for download for the 6110. Failing to find what I was looking for there, I called HP tech support and was told that the only installation package available was the full monte. According to the tech, HP may be developing an an installer package that allows users to choose what gets installed, but had no idea if or when it would be available.

I sent an email to their tech support site..their reply was that if I used a generic printer driver, then I could not use the scanner, and they offered no souce of a generic driver.

Any further advise? Other places to check for drivers?

Thanks,
Blue

Solution - Change the OutBound Baud Rate

Changing the Fax Baud Rate for HP PSC 6100 Series - all in one

Press * and # at the same time, and then release both keys

Press 1, 2, and then 3, releasing each key before pressing the next.

The display window should read "Service" with a revision number.

Press the right arrow button once.

The display should read "System Configuration".

Press Enter.

Press the right arrow button until "r/w parameter" appears in the display.

Now again press Enter

The display should read "parameter 0".

Now press 153 on the key pad (outgoing fax baud rate)

Press Enter

This will show the current value. (26 by default, 33600)

Now you can select any of the below given value. The baud rate corresponding to each value is given next to it:
0 = 14400
1 = 12000
2 = 9600
3 = 7200

Press Enter

Should read "parameter 0 again.

Now Press 159 (incoming fax baud rate) on the key pad instead of 153.

Then press Enter.

This will show the current value. (26 by default, 33600)

Now you can select any of the below given value. The baud rate corresponding to each value is given next to it:
0 = 14400
1 = 12000
2 = 9600
3 = 7200

Press Enter

Should read "parameter 0 again.

Then Press Cancel until display is back the date and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back