Dump help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys can anyone analyze my dump file and diagnose the cause?
check it out its attached in my post.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 b61d38c2, parameter3 b67e3288, parameter4 00000000.

Category 102
Event ID 1003
System Error

Hi there,

Have had a look at your dump, do you have anymore that may be of help? Your one is a bit generic.

You have a KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e) with an exception code of 0xc0000005 and it cites SRTSP.SYS as a possible cause.

1. Uninstall and reinstall any Symantec programs you have, as this error can be caused by their software causing memory leaks

2. Run memtest on your system RAM to stress the memory and see if it causes any errors. You can download it for free from here. Make sure you run it for at least 7 passes, most people will leave this running overnight

Let me know how you get on and we can proceed from there

Thanks for your reply! I will try and run memtest. Actually I just installed a new Windows Xp 32 bit. I thought one of the updates might have caused it. The old one dumps a lot and eversince i used a new installer it got better but yesterday, after a week having no dumps, it finally happened and I just knew I have to consult someone that knows how to analyze dump files. You are correct in saying I have symantec in my system cause I use Norton Antivirus. Thought the dumps where caused by driver updates or hardware incompatibilities. Would you advise me to use a new antivirus?

I only have one system error in my event viewer. I used to have lots of dump file but since I formatted I can only give you this one. If it happens again I'll give you a copy of a new dump file. Thanks again.

If you have paid for Norton, then I'd stick to it until your subscription runs out. However if you are wanting to change. Then you can either go for a free option like Avira. Or a paid Anti virus.

Paid anti virus, I'd suggest NOD32. But its up to you, Norton may be okay it just may need a reinstall

<snip>Actually I just installed a new Windows Xp 32 bit. I thought one of the updates might have caused it.<snip>
All the advice is spot on! To be certain of one thing, let me ask, does the above mean
> Does that mean you are now running XP SP3?
> Are all the Hardware Optional updates installed? (i.e. you must click Custom when running windows update and install all hardware optional updates as well. Keep re-running Windows update till it says no more update....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back