DVD Burning error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have got Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D 7830, which has DVD Burner (DVD+RW 8160) which is suppose to burn CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW. But when I burn CD using Nero 6 Reloaded, it burns and plays perfectly but when it comes to DVD+RW it encodes, and start writing but even I left my laptop for >20 hours, it didn't finish, so I turned it off and restarted, but the DVD did play well. But DVD+R writes OK but doesn't play at all. I have got DVD playing software installed. I tried to get the driver updated from Fujitsu Siemens website for my DVD burner but there wasn't any new. All Nero softwares are updated and all codecs are installed. Using Windows XP SP2, ZoneAlram, Microsoft Anti-spyware, Avast anti-virus. Any help!

This could be an instance of the IDE controller changing from DMA mode to the much slower PIO mode. Go to the Device Manager in the Control Panel and check the IDE controller, right click on it and check Properties. If it has, uninstall the controller and let Windows reinstall it after a restart.

See this article for a more thorough description: Click here.

Something similar happened to me and this fixed it.

Tried but didn;t work. And why does DVD+RW burns and play (although burn process is never completed even after 20 hours) but not DVD+R. Could there be a hardware defect although CDs and DVD+RW(!!) are burnt. Commercial DVD are played without problem in the same drive. (Laptop).

Any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back