Event ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshi832

I keep getting an error that Windows has recovered from a serious error, yet I do not get a blue screen. It occurs durng a video game. Here is the error code:

10000000a, parameter 15889al 200000002, 3 00000001, 4805sa5d4

Any help appreciated. I have check all the drivers etc and am up to date!

Here are the system specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name LIAM-C20C6888E1
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-MA74GM-S2
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2705 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F3, 12/31/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name LIAM-C20C6888E1\Liam
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.62 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.84 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge OK
Evga geforce 8400gs 512mb pci-e
PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge OK
Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
AMD SATA Controller(Native IDE Mode) OK
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
PCI Class USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller OK
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
PCI Class USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller OK
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio OK

0xA errors can be due to a driver attempting to access an IRQ Level it has no right doing so. But these errors are also strong indicators of hardward conflicts.

Since it occus when playing a video game my first suggestion to you is to uninstall and then reinstall your vidoe card drivers.

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Get back to us with the results.

Did as instructed and it looks like there were plenty of driver files deleted. Am letting the game run and so far so good. I will let you know if I get the conflict again- thanks! You guys rock

You're welcome. Do us a favor and let us know if you continue to have stability. That information is important as well.

So much for that. He was able to play longer- nearly 30 minutes before a blue screen came up and the PC shut down. Strange thing is, there is nothing in the Event viewer to show it. What should I try?

Do these standard diagnostic steps:

1, Scan for infections.

2. Check all your fans including case, cpu, and video card. Are they all spinning? How is the air flow? What are your cpu, video card, and system temperatures? Heat will shut down a system fast because it is trying to protect itself.

Check to see if your system created minidump files.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need. Attach to your next post. Notice the Attachment Button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually

Minidump

1. The pc is new and has not been on the internet so that's fine

2. All fans run and air flow is good. Does not feel hot. Is there a way to check for temp?

3. See attached files

For temperature readings you could try Everest Home free edition. It is no longer supported by Lavasoft but many people still use it.

http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Okay, I read your minidumps and all four, 0x8E, 0xA (2x), and 0x7E are indications of hardware issue. In fact, the 0x7E cited hardware but nothing more. The 0x8E and one of the 0xA errors cited essential Windows drivers.

The other 0xA cited the RealTec audio driver RtkHDAud.sys.

Is your system custom built or did you buy from someone like Dell or HP?

Then this still has to be under warrenty. Get back to them pronto and tell them of all your crashes, the error codes, etc. They either fix it or they giive you a new system. if you know someone who knows systems take them along or at least have them listen in on the phone.

So you think it's faulty hardware? I should just ask for a new system? I have a feeling they will try this and try that and you know how that goes. This is my first AMD system- is this less stable than a Intel system? Thanks

No, its not less stable. I run two AMD systems like millions of people and both have been stable since the day I built them. There is no way a new system like yours should have all these error codes. Honestly, Cyberpower doesn't have the best in reputation.

Go ahead and update your audio drivers. That may be the whole problem and if so great. If not, they need to get this fixed or tell them you want your money back.

Do you know anyone who can build systems? If you can get your money back perhaps they can build you one. Just a suggestion.

And one other thing. Whether it is hardware (the errors point towards this) or software, it still isn't working correctly and they need to rectify the problems.

I completely upgraded the audio drivers when I did the video- but many of the errors said it was an audio driver. Alright- I'll contact them. I thought they were reputable. Maybe I should build it...

Your audio onboard or card could be bad. If onboard have you tried disabling in the BIOS? See if that brings stability.

Just an update: Cyberpower, of course, wanted to replace the graphics card so they are doing so. I have to say in Cyberpower's favor they responded quickly with sending one. They seem to think that because of the strange colors and pixilation it is the card. But I have never had a bad NVidia card... Will try and let you know.

If it is a bad video card then that would at least explain the hardware codes. Good for them that they responded so quickly. I have had a bad Nvidia card once but only once and it was an Asus branded one. I have had overall good luck with both ATI and Nvidia.

Installed new card and no longer get pixilation or wndows error. However, 20 min into a game the pc goes blue and reboots. There is no record of these in the event id and I get no serious error message. What gives? ALl fans working and does not feel hot.

Installed new card and no longer get pixilation or wndows error. However, 20 min into a game the pc goes blue and reboots. There is no record of these in the event id and I get no serious error message. What gives? ALl fans working and does not feel hot.

I suggest going to the audio and video forum here at TechSpot and post your issue because this appears to be a video hardware issue rather than driver (but I could be wrong). give a brief overview of what has already transpired. There are some very knowleagble people there.

Maybe updating the drivers for this card might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back