FPS, extremely low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, basically another FPs complaint. I am running a 3.06gfx P4 processor, 1Gb ram, Ati 256mb X800 pro, and over 100gb free space.
I am getting about 15fps in game ( counter strike:source) and when i did the stress test i got 13.33! Oh and btw this is at low settings! I have tried defrag, driver updates, virus scans, spyware scans, colsole commands and lowering the settings. I have tried most things. It really shoudlnt be that low, any ideas please help?

Thanks
Chester

ehh I have somewhat the same problem, but in the stress test i get around 50 FPS and in larger sized maps (dust, assault) i get like 5... in smaller fy_ maps i get fine fps

I dont know the system requirements for CS:S so here is a link to my guide
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic61153.html it will tell you how to check your system requirements to the game and see if you can run it :)
( you will have to search under Half-life 2 because the counterstrikes isnt there because they use to be just mods for Half-life )

If you get recommended you system might be running too much programs so go to Ctrl + alt + delete and delete all the useless stuff like MSN, AIM, Itunes or anything you dont need while running games, Also dont delete anything under System, Local Service, Network or Taskmgr.exe / Explorer.exe

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back