Graphics Controller not loading properly on startup, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skream

**RESOLVED - 82845G Graphics Controller not loading on startup

**EDIT** cfitzarl found this driver that works. Thank you!

Recently, I made several changes to my system, one of which included updating my video drivers. Although I am not certain the new drivers caused the problem, I don't know what else could have. I have asked several computer savvy friends and they don't know what's going on.

I tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling it, new drivers, rollback drivers etc. Nothing works! Every time I boot my system I have to go into device manager, where I find a yellow exlimation on my graphics controller, and disable/enable it. My computer boots in 400x300 resolution, I think, and 4-bit color.

Any suggestions would be helpful, I am going to leave it on and virus scan tonight.

Thankyou!

Edit: Correction, 640x480 resolution

If you really see a yellow thing in your device manager, you might installed the wrong drive.

What is your graphic card?

Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
It's integrated 64mb
Driver version is 6.14.10.4342, Date is 6/21/2005

When I boot the device says code 10 - looked it up and it told me to troubleshoot and nothing worked.

If I've got the incorrect driver, how come it works after I disable/enable it?

I get the same problem, my computer just recognises that its a graphics card and all I need to do to make it work is re-install the exact same driver. So frustrating!

Skream said:
Where does it show motherboard model in SpeedFan? I can't find it.

Oh, I'm sorry, there are two words for motherboard; motherboard and mainboard. Go to the mainboard tab of CPU-Z and list the Motherboard Name and Model. Good Luck :grinthumb !

Are you thinking of the same program? You directed me to SpeedFan, there is no CPU-Z tab, not that I can see anyways. I've got SpeedFan v4.31.

Note: I am a new user to SpeedFan, may be something I don't know about.

Edit: Oops, didn't know you were talking about a different program lol

i think he sort of in hurry that's y he forgot to mention that it's not speedfan, it should be CPU-Z.
Another question? Is this happening recently? Have you installed any programs or games that could possibly affect intel graphics?

When i serviced my CPU in a shop, they gave me sort of stupid apps and it corrupt my intel drivers till i have to reformat it lol...
CPU-Z

Skream said:
Are you thinking of the same program? You directed me to SpeedFan, there is no CPU-Z tab, not that I can see anyways. I've got SpeedFan v4.31.

Note: I am a new user to SpeedFan, may be something I don't know about.

Edit: Oops, didn't know you were talking about a different program lol

Oh God, I sent you to the wrong link, that was from another post I responded (I guess the link I intended didn't copy). Speedfan is useful so I would keep it, although you want this. Once downloaded open the program CPU-Z from the file and go to the mainboard section.

Hmm I did install some programs but I dont think it would corrupt the intel drivers.

Some are...
VoipBuster - VoIP
BurnQuick - Burning
PowerQuest PartitionMagic - Partition Management
Diskeeper Pro - Defrag
Intel Application Accelerator - HD Acceleration
Blaze Media Pro - Burning/Conversion

I also did a series of tests using pcpitstop.com, I installed their software.
That's all I can really think of. The only thing I think could have caused it would be PartitionMagic, and I think that's unlikely.

Edit: I currently have v14.10.3889(8/20/2004) installed and same thing is happening, so old driver didn't fix it. This sucks! :(

Bump! Looks like you missed my reply >.<

Edit: I'll be on about 12 hours from now. Hope someone has some ideas from now until then :(

I don't think those apps will affect your intel graphics drivers.

usually, some programs affecting are ATI control panel and nVidia device driver, my pc shop install both of it in my intel graphics pc and everything become wrong... (how stupid he is).

btw when this thing started?

Started maybe a week ago. I don't remember what happened.

I would do a system restore, but I have it disabled.

Fixed! cfitzarl found a driver that would work.
Thank you so much for all your help!

-Will

p.s. If anyone else had this problem, this driver worked for me!

Always safe mode,, run driver cleaner pro,, ,, reboot,, then install latest official drivers,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back