Halo Infinite minimum and recommended PC requirements revealed

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Valve has published the minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC version of Halo Infinite. Most semi-modern gaming rigs should meet the minimum requirements, although if you want to play with more of the eye candy turned on, you’ll need a bit beefier of a system.

Valve’s Steam listing notes that Halo Infinite is built for PC. Touting advanced graphics settings, ultrawide / superwide support and triple-key binds plus features like variable framerates and dynamic scaling, it is billed as the best Halo experience on the PC to date.

The barrier to entry on the PC looks like this (for now):

Minimum requirements:

• CPU: AMD FX-8370 or Intel Core i5-4440
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 50GB available space

Recommended requirements:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700K
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 50GB available space

Worth mentioning is the fact that Valve’s listing doesn’t specify what sort of performance levels you can expect with minimum and recommended hardware.

Tom’s Hardware reached out to Xbox and was told that the minimum and recommended specs may be tweaked slightly in the lead-up to launch, as developer 343 Industries wants to give players enough guidance to make an informed pre-purchase / pre-install decision considering pre-orders just went live.

Halo Infinite is the sixth mainline entry in the long-running franchise. Chronologically, it picks up the story where Halo 5: Guardians left off, putting players in control of the Master Chief as he faces his most ruthless foes to date. The game will feature a standard campaign mode as well as a free-to-play multiplayer mode with seasonal updates that evolve the experience over time.

Halo Infinite was originally expected to be a launch title for the Xbox Series family, but ended up being delayed following criticism from fans regarding early gameplay footage. It is now scheduled to arrive on Xbox One, Xbox Series and Windows PC on December 8, 2021.

Microsoft just days ago announced a limited edition Halo 20th anniversary Xbox Series X, but good luck trying to secure one. Pre-orders for the $550 bundle, which includes a custom Xbox Series X console and matching controller along with a digital download of Halo Infinite, have either already sold out or are listed as unavailable / coming soon at all all major retailers including Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart and directly from Microsoft.

A quick check of eBay's sold listings reveals that most seemingly legitimate buyers (those with high feedback scores, not newly created spam accounts with no feedback) are paying around $1,000 for pre-order rights.

The first bundles are expected to ship around November 15.

Permalink to story.

That's not bad at all. I expected worse reading the subtitle, honestly.

Anything that can run on an FX CPU, isn't that taxing, CPU-wise. And 16GB of RAM is quite standard already for a gaming PC. And 4GB of VRAM is also reasonable. So... Yeah.

It does tell me that my R9 Fury is nearing its end though.

Either the game is poorly optimized, or the recommended requirements will change.

RTX 2070 for a halo game that started out looking like a last gen console port makes no sense.

Then it should do quite well on a 3090, 64GB DDR4 and a Core i9!
Won't be near as good as my dual 8 TB SSD's on 2 different motherboards in super-duper SSD crossfire mode, 4 Ryzen 9 5950Xs on two different motherboards with 2 3090s and 2 6900XTs, and two stacked 1200 watt power supplies working together with the infrared quantum wiring.

But hang in there. You will get there some day. :p

Last edited:
Won't be near as good as my dual 8 TB SSD's on 2 different motherboards in super-duper SSD crossfire mode, 4 Ryzen 9 5950Xs on two different motherboards with 2 3090s and 2 6900XTs, and two stacked 1200 watt power supplies working together with the infrared quantum wiring.

But hang in there. You will get there some day.
Cool story but you just sound like one of those stolen valor dudes.

This is a real flex - https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ual-cpu-1-5-tb-ram-quiet-compact-case.273503/

But hang in there. You will get there some day. :p

Sheesh, these commoners...

Behold my beowulf cluster of mighty DEC Alphas!

:cool:

The recommended requirements are basically a Series X or thereabouts and the minimums far better than the Xbox One hardware from 2013 this had a baseline target of. So I think it'll be relatively light.

Then it should do quite well on a 3090, 64GB DDR4 and a Core i9!

You're still only using a 3090? My friend at NVIDIA has let me borrow 8 pre-production RTX 4090 Supers which I have partnered with 4 pre-production Ryzen 9 6950X's that another friend from AMD let me borrow. Obviously with 12TB of DDR16 RAM as well.

Really, I couldn't imagine using anything less than that. I would figure a 3090 would actually be quite a stuttery mess, even at 480p with a 30FPS frame rate lock.

That's not bad at all. I expected worse reading the subtitle, honestly.

Anything that can run on an FX CPU, isn't that taxing, CPU-wise. And 16GB of RAM is quite standard already for a gaming PC. And 4GB of VRAM is also reasonable. So... Yeah.

It does tell me that my R9 Fury is nearing its end though.
Minimum will be to match Xbox One in terms of fidelity and performance, and an RX 570 will easily beat an Xbox one, same goes for a 1050 Ti and that's crap compared to a RX 570.
R9 Fury is 6 years old so you've had a good run for a card. I've gone back to Nvidia for first time in 9 years but mainly due to playing VR and RTX cards being better at VR gaming for Quest 2.

I've always looked at recommended specs this way.

Minimum is where support usually won't attempt to help get the game running on an end users system. Well when they actually did do that... While it might run at low settings on a below spec system it's the end user's gamble to take, and if it doesn't run? Well you just bought code to take up drive space, nothing more.

Recommended OTOH is the developers minimum spec to receive the experience they were shooting for. While the game should run on systems in between the 2 specs the end user will loose out on some graphic fidelity and certain gameplay/environment enhancements. But regardless the game should be playable and enjoyable.

Edited to add: To give you an example of what I mean I have one system: a i7 4790K @4.6 32Gb RAM and SLI 980's that in theory should be able to run the game fairly well. But if there's a directX feature that the 1050ti supports and the 980 doesn't causing the game not to run on my system I'm SoL unless support takes pity on me. Yes my GPU setup should mop the floor with the 1050ti, but it's below minimum spec and so it's my gamble to take.

Last edited:
Be cautious of any loud swooshing noise when it goes over your head.
You think I didn't I get the joke? Lmao talk about WOOOSH

Gotta go with something believable. The joke was cute but it wasn't embarrassing you know. It was just silly and totally unbelievable. Gotta make em feel 2nd place sir.

Back