Have a dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.
A PCI x1 Slot (Verbalized: PCI 1-by slot) is just like the slots on your motherboard that you might put a video card, network-interface-card, or other chip in, but it's smaller and made for chips that are specifically designed for items with x1 slots.

Hope that helped

-McCoy

Yes, PCI x1 slots are about 1 inch long. Some low-end modems, video cards and sound cards can be installed in them

Thanks guys,
I have never seen a pci x1 device, and if I did, i didn't know i was looking at one. I just ordered a new mobo thats has three of them........hope it doesnt come with ISA slots too LOL

Hey Kim,
what took ya so long:D lol,
I have seen the slots, i just dont think i have ever seen a device you would use in one

Hey Kim,
what took ya so long:D lol,
I have seen the slots, i just dont think i have ever seen a device you would use in one

alot of the older sound cards and such used this slot.

i had a creative labs sound blaster card that used it. (years ago tho)

It sounds to me a bit like two different slots are being explained here. If the slot you are talking about is about 1 inch long then you're talking about PCI-Express 1X - this is a more recent type of interface on motherboards. I use it for my SB X-Fi PCI-Express 1X card. There a lots of new devices that can use these slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back