Help! My Computer Is Going Really Slow And I Need An Expert's Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

giannantonio

Hi there! I'm a new user as you can see :eek:
and I have some problems hoping anyone around
here could resolve them...
My computer was and its still really slow these days..
I can hear a really strong sound coming by insinde the computer
its something spinning really hard, I never heard it, it looks like its about
to explode, then when I turn on my pc everything is really slow and every program i turn on, wont work and it says its "not responding" or something...
im just glad that internet works, but when i turn it on a lot of stuff pop up like junk or publicity, then i tryed to do norton antivirus scan and it says i have like 3000files infected, but when its about to delete them it shut off, i even have ad aware personal se, and it does the same thing, please explain something to me in a way any1 can understand.. u know im not that quite good at computers, and i dont wanto reset bios or any crap with bios, or deleting anything, i just want a simple solutions, without staking anything, cuzz i have a lot of files on this pc that are important,, thanks dudes :)

Those aren`t rules,they are Techspot`s standard instructions to someone who
has a lot of spyware on their computer ie You.:)

If you follow those instructions and post an HJT log someone will tell you
how to get rid of it(the spyware,not the computer).

Follow the instructions fastco gave you. Then, if your pc is still slow, look here and follow the instructions,

Regards,

Korrupt

Hi there, I read it all but it just wouldn't help, I tryed to do everything but now its just more slower.... Can just anyone explain how to fasten my computer through a reply? If you want I'll give you my computer details like the type and the ram and all those stuff you want to know.. thanks :)

giannantonio said:
I turn on my pc everything is really slow and every program i turn on, wont work and it says its "not responding"... a lot of stuff pop up like junk or publicity... it says i have like 3000files infected, but when its about to delete them it shut off, i
Your computer is infested with spyware.The ONLY way you can fix it,
is to run those scans in the thread that Fastco gave you. and post your HJT log.
You would get the same response from anybody.

It`s quite straightforward really.:)

Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread and I`ll take a look and see if anything needs to be got rid of.

Regards Howard :)

All the instructions on where to get and how to run HJT, are in the link I gave you.

Just follow the instructions.

ALLthe instructions are in that thread.Just READ the darn thing,will you ? :)

Do as many of those scans as you can,then post the log.

giannantonio said:
i did it how to i attatch it?

Click on the edit button in your post above and scroll down and click on the manage attachments button.
Click the browse button and go to where you saved the HJT log file. Click on it and click open, then click on the upload button. Once the file has uploaded, close the attachment window and click on the save changes button.

Your HJT log should now be attached.

There is nothing particulaly nasty in your HJT log. However, you have a lot of useless stuff running that will slow your computer down.

You also have an LSP problem. Go HERE and follow the instructions.

You are also running Symantec/Norton crapware, which is a real resource hog.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-89B3-BE29F5D3E32D} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {993D30FC-4C65-2665-94BE-EC59CB87657A} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-89B3-BE29F5D3E32D} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: ImageShack Toolbar - {6932D140-ABC4-4073-A44C-D4A541665E35} - C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll

O9 - Extra button: @C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll,-115 - {BB8A8834-A0A1-4d70-A21A-72FF89AA737A} - C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ImageShack Toolbar - {BB8A8834-A0A1-4d70-A21A-72FF89AA737A} - C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://toolbar.imageshack.us

O16 - DPF: {6932D140-ABC4-4073-A44C-D4A541665E35} (ImageShack Toolbar) - http://toolbar.imageshack.us/toolbar/ImageShackToolbar.cab

Click on the fix checked button and close HJT.

Post a fresh HJT log once you`ve done the above.

I will then give you further advice.

hi there i dowloaded that file and i followed your instructions, but the file i had to delete wasn't there, investigate yourself!

here is a screen shot

You have to be patient.Howard doesn`t get paid for this,you know.:)

Before he gets back -

1.Run LSPFix again
2. Check 'I know what I'm doing'.
3. Select PGPlsp.dll.
4. Click the right-pointing arrow (moves it to the "remove" page).
5. Click 'Finished'.

6. Restart your computer in "Safe Mode" (F5 or F8 when starting Windows).
7. Delete the file: 'PGPlsp.dll from c:\windows\system32\ if there Do NOT delete ANY other files!
8. Restart your computer and bring it up in normal mode.

thank you :)
anyway just to know how much do u get payed for this job, my brother is getting his degree this year and he is an engeener for computers, maybe he would like it

No-one gets paid.It`s all voluntary.:)

Look HERE and you`ll see why most people do it.

Please post another log,just so Howard can see it`s clean.

You haven`t followed the instructions properly. Go back to the above link and try again.

The file that`s your problem is, pgplsp.dll

Don`t bump your thread after only a short time. I do have a life outside of Techspot you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back