Help my poor Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaorichan

I need a tad bit of help... o.o
Yes i just found my Administration tools...
My internet randomly disconnects to change Ip numbers
But my dell is acting quite strange lately... And funny as it sounds... This dell is 100% out of date!
Demention 2400
Really needs a big help since warrenty is poofed... No parts were replaced...
I need someway to free up ram without buying anything... <omg thats hard?
And when i checked the events thing... it said security ports had reached their maximum capacity and it disconnected my internet, pissed off my friend, and made me quite angry... but then the internet reconnected. Its A sprint 10/100 kbps thinger... o.o if anyone has any clue bout this problem and the ram problem... do tell
the Ram is 2.56 ghz
The hard drive is around 75 gb
but used 48 gb
I heard theres a program that can also tell you how fast and howcold your computer is... i wish to know what it is called... and the site for it.

Of subject, but in your signaure it says the worlds best computer would have to run 400 programs lag free. Well your computer could run 400 programs. What really matters is how demanding the program(s) are.

CrossFire851 said:
Of subject, but in your signaure it says the worlds best computer would have to run 400 programs lag free. Well your computer could run 400 programs. What really matters is how demanding the program(s) are.

Yeah true but you forgot the coffee machine......

belarc advisor it's free
open machine up
learn what you have in there
doubt if you have that much memory or if it's that fast
don't have a clue to your OS would be helpful to mention
you may have software firewall installed may need tweaked a bit
if you don't know yer way around this boat anchor (don't know how long you've owned it)by now should ask for local help
or get in there get dirty learn and burn

I don't even know what your asking, and i vaguely know what the problem is. Please state exactly what the problem is. We can get your system specifications from the Dell model number on your computer. Which is a Dimension 2400?

I thought Belarc advisor wasn't being updated or worked on anymore? Or maybe I'm thinking some other utility.

Kaorichan, I'm also a bit flustered about what exactly you need. But then, I really don't know the local dialect of "Buttermilk, Pancakes", so I think there is a translation problem. :)

If you have Windows XP, you can read some system specs pretty quick without a 3rd party program. These apply as well to other OSes to a degree.
Right-Click My Computer and choose Properties. The first screen to come up will tell you your operating system and service pack, your CPU speed, and how much RAM you have.
Next click the Hardware tab and Device Manager button. In here, you can find the models of your video card (Display Adapters), network controller, modem, sound card and more. Look for any symbols next to any entries, like a ! or X or ? Tell us those.

You can find more video card info by clicking Start-Run and type DXDIAG. This will also show your video card, video RAM, main RAM, CPU speed and more.

If you want to see how much RAM your system is using, compared to how much you have. Then press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC or in some way open Task Manager. Then click the Performance tab. There is a box called "Physical Memory" and in that has the "Total" RAM you have in the system.
The lower left has a box called "Commit Charge", it has an entry called "Total" which shows how much RAM your system is currently USING. So if you are using more then you have, that is BAD!

Further, you can get a simple program called CPUZ from www.cpuid.com which will tell you even more details about your RAM, CPU, clock speed, multiplier, FSB and more.

To monitor your fan speeds, temps and voltages, one program I like is just called "Hardware Monitor" from http://www.hmonitor.net
I think it's just a trial and will only stay open for 10 minutes and it closes itself, but it's plenty long enough to see how hot you're running.

With all those details posted in a nice clean manor here, with a comprehensible description of the problem, we can help some more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back