Help with Browser Redirect - I have tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any help is appreciated. And, please know that I have spent hours reading everything already posted, reviewing what appears to be the exact same thing that is happening to me, but mine I cannot for the life of me get to go away. Some point about 4 days ago, while browsing through a link off of a news site, I got directed to a shady "anti spyware" and eventually a XXX site. Some program had automatically loaded and was doing all of the "security scanning" etc etc.. By browser would launch automatically repeatedly and go to dozens of malicious sites...Through a combination of cleansing any and all cookies, temp files and running malwarebytes, I got rid of the program and the apparent problem. NOW - my computer seems to be working fine, Except - when I do a simple google search, and click on the search-result-links, my browser redirects to random shady websites.

I have closed everything, updated and run full scans of all of the following - malwarebytes, mccaffee av, adware se, ccleaner, and srubbed and removed every possible temp/cookie file known to mankind. On this forum, there were "8 steps to remove malware" - which I pretty much had done it all already. But, the one step said to disable real time scanning of my AV program, and install, update, and run "Superantispyware" - which to be honest sounded a lot like the malware program that I had fought to removed the day before, but oh well I did it and it is running right now. I also am attaching "hijackthis log, and malwarebytes log..." If you guys need the superantispyware log lemme know. I would never normally install and run this many separate 3rd party programs to "fix" anything, but this issue pas me perplexed.

If one of you guys can figure this out, I will be impressed!

Thanks,

JR

Delete or fix these entries in the Hijackthis log:

"c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe"

"C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwicon2k.exe"

"O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)"

These are really not that dangerous, but unnecessary. These redirects are tricky to get rid of. You may have to run a program like Combofix, but it is important to read and follow all the instructions carefully before running the program

This is a valid program that is required to run at startup. It is related to McAfee security products.

c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe"
[http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/mcnasvc.exe-17199.html/B]

This is a valid program, but it is up to you whether or not you want it to run on startup.

C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwicon2k.exe
Card reader for memory cards from digital cameras, etc
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Sunkist2k-5261.html

{CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} Real.com Related to Real Player Legitimate entry

These are really not that dangerous, but unnecessary. These redirects are tricky to get rid of. You may have to run a program like Combofix, but it is important to read and follow all the instructions carefully before running the program

the redirects have nothing to do with the entries you told him to remove. We also discourage a user running Combofix unless it is recommended by the malware cleaning helper and then it is done with guidance.

Tmagic, why do you make our job harder?

"Tmagic, why do you make our job harder?"...

Because you are the expert and I am learning. I am here more than you are and I am just trying to help while I gain more knowledge on this malware subject. If this makes your job harder I am sorry

Tmagic, on second thought, this one is all yours!

The 'hard part' I was referring to is because we're trying to discourage people running Combofix on their own. This member has been asked twice previously not to recommend it. Be careful though- this one has a mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back